Owners DF 1000 interested exchange sailing area

For all those DF1000 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below.
Froschmayr Josef
Your Country: Austria, Innsbruck

Post by Froschmayr Josef »

My tri DF 1000 (launched 1999) is lying in Bardolino, Lake Garda, Italy. I constructed a special trailer for the DF 1000 to transport it obliquely within the admitted road-width of 250 cm. However it is a lot of work to put the boat on the trailor and always some risk in transport- Therefore I am seeking contact with other owners of DF 1000 who would be interested in temporal exchange of boat and sailing area. Froschmayr @chello.at
saishyamnilgiri
Your Country: UK, LONDON, PUTNEY.

Re: Owners DF 1000 interested exchange sailing area

Post by saishyamnilgiri »

Froschmayr Josef wrote:My tri DF 1000 (launched 1999) is lying in Bardolino, Lake Garda, Italy. I constructed a special trailer for the DF 1000 to transport it obliquely within the admitted road-width of 250 cm. However it is a lot of work to put the boat on the trailor and always some risk in transport- Therefore I am seeking contact with other owners of DF 1000 who would be interested in temporal exchange of boat and sailing area. Froschmayr @chello.at
I hope someone will come up soon to meet your request. i am a new comer to the field of boating and i am interested in the DF range. i like the 920 just because it is trailerable.

may i ask you please to let me know what made you buy the df1000 instead of the df 920? your answer will be very much valued.

what would you advise me if i was to ask you to help me choose between a df 920 and a df 1200?

why do you have to tailer the boat ? is it to do with cost of marina fees or the need to sail in different locations that any one would want to trailer their boat?

good luck in sailing!!
SAI
Froschmayr Josef
Your Country: Austria, Innsbruck

Re: owners DF 1000 interested exchange sailing area

Post by Froschmayr Josef »

1. Sailing with a DF means a lot more fun than with a mono, but also more work to handle it.

2. When I bought the 1000, the 920 was not yet build. Personally I like the 1000 as it is very confortable and I am not seeking only maximum speed.

3. The 920 is a nice boat and trailerable. The advantage af being trailarable has nothing to do withe cost of marine fees but only with the possibility of sailing in different areas or lakes.

4. The 1200 would be to big and to expensive for my use, as I prefer to sail as a couple without guests on trip or overnight.

I hope the answer can be of help for your decision.
In any case you will have much fun with a DF.
LInsolent
Your Country: Cabanga Iate Clube, Recife, Brazil

920 vs 1000

Post by LInsolent »

2 years later...: when you come on board from the pontoon through the bow you notice a big difference between both boats. The 920 is a racing dingy, amazing, the 1000, a small cosy house, still capable of reaching on genneker and main the speed of 19,5Kts.

I don't understand why the DF oficial Website removed allmost all references to the DF1000... I'm sure they should be proud of these boats. Anyway, I have one and it's the best boat in the World
tpaliwoda
Your Country: USA, Raritan YC, Perth Amboy, New Jersey

Post by tpaliwoda »

I also love my 1000. We can do just about everything the 35 does at a fration of the price!
I also asked Jen's to put the 1000 back on the site,sometime ago, where they have the 800 now.
If he gets to Annapolis boat show this year I will ask again to have the 1000 put back up.
Could have deleted it because of bandwith size limitations on the web site. Had to make room for the 35!
If you need any info, I copied most of the old web pages before they deleted them.
Ted
Ted Paliwoda
D'Fly 1000 ; HN #1
Nice Tri
Raritan YC, Perth Amboy, NJ, USA
LInsolent

Post by LInsolent »

Excelent Ted, I would like to browse those pages. Is it possible to send by e-mail? z@alves-pereira.org Cheers, Zé
Mika Harju
Your Country: Finland, Turku

Post by Mika Harju »

LInsolent wrote:Excelent Ted, I would like to browse those pages. Is it possible to send by e-mail? z@alves-pereira.org Cheers, Zé
I do also have a copy of those web-sites and also some old commercial printouts. I have sent those to you by email.
Mika Harju
DF1000 Racing #8
tpaliwoda
Your Country: USA, Raritan YC, Perth Amboy, New Jersey

Post by tpaliwoda »

Mika,
Can you also send them to me, I only have the old US web site material.
Thanks
Ted

sailfast1 at gmail . com
Ted Paliwoda
D'Fly 1000 ; HN #1
Nice Tri
Raritan YC, Perth Amboy, NJ, USA
LInsolent

Post by LInsolent »

Ted, I've forwarded to you Mika's e-mail with the pages.
nirvana_eric_DF1000
Your Country: France,Giens

Post by nirvana_eric_DF1000 »

Hello,

LInsolent : could you forward me Mika 's mail because i have nothing concerning these web pages.

Froschmayr Josef: Your trailer is very interresting, can you give me details of it?, pictures or drawings.
Mika Harju
Your Country: Finland, Turku

Re: Owners DF 1000 interested exchange sailing area

Post by Mika Harju »

nirvana_eric_DF1000 wrote:Hello,

LInsolent : could you forward me Mika 's mail because i have nothing concerning these web pages.

Froschmayr Josef: Your trailer is very interresting, can you give me details of it?, pictures or drawings.
My email is
mika.harju1(at)gmail.com
Mika Harju
DF1000 Racing #8