DF800 cruising set up check for new owner

Mast, Boom, Standing and Running Rigging, Furler System, Reefing, Barberhauler, Lazyjack etc
adrianbell
Your Country: England,south coast

DF800 cruising set up check for new owner

Post by adrianbell »

I am pleased to have recently bought a df800 cruising after wanting one for a couple of years, before sailing I am giving her the once over and this has raised a few questions that experienced owners may be able to help with.

The spanner line attachment looks wrong, at the moment the loop is in a snap shackle that also has another line (kicking strap I am not sure of the term) from the boom attached. It all seems to pull at the wrong angles. The snap shackle is attached to a bracket at the bottom of the mast by a clevis pin which looks correct.

Should I have washers under the nuts that secure the floats to the wings?
On the big key bolts (pins) that attach arms to hull should I have two washers under the lock rings that secure the pins. I have no other washers or spacers other than two on the end of each pin.

I have equipment at work that can reproduce the vinyl graphics for the boat so once this is done and a bit of detailing she will be on the water.

[/b]
Df 800 cruising
Christian
Your Country: Sweden, Nacka

Photos

Post by Christian »

Hi

Think we need some photos to get what you mean.

And about washers, think there are actually - but I have too look under the winter coverage to be sure. I'll try to remember next weekend (we still got ice and snow here - but it is melting)
/ Christian
Christian
Your Country: Sweden, Nacka

Nut - washer - nut

Post by Christian »

Hi
Yesterday I remembered to have a look. The bolt connecting the ama to the wing is secured with: Nut - spring washer - nut.

It was not as I remembered. / Chrsitian