Buy a used DF1000

For all those DF1000 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below.
nirvana_eric_DF1000
Your Country: France,Giens

Buy a used DF1000

Post by nirvana_eric_DF1000 »

Hello,
We want to import a df1000 in France.
It was build before CE marking, does it have been certified?.
Is it offshore cruiser and certified in 1 cathegory (no limit of distance from a port)?
It doesn"t have rotating mast, was it an option?
Thank you for your responses.
Double Horizon
Your Country: USA

Re: Buy a used DF1000

Post by Double Horizon »

Q) We want to import a df1000 in France.
It was build before CE marking, does it have been certified?.
A) It was CE certified at a later date and the ones produced after CE ratings had minor changes: The changes I'm aware of include hatch boards instead of the nice sliding pocket door in the companionway, and latches in the cockpit floor hatches instead of just relying on gravity to hold them down. (My opinion -- losing hatch covers is the least of your worries if you have capsized :wink: ) There may have been other modifications to meet the CE rating.

Q) Is it offshore cruiser and certified in 1 category (no limit of distance from a port)?
A) It was rated CE category A, with the modifications. Just because someone stuck a label on it saying you can cross an ocean doesn't mean you should. (Just my humble opinion). That's a general statement, not just directed at the DF-1000.

Q) It doesn't have rotating mast, was it an option?
A) It was an option on the racing version with taller mast
Larry - Former Owner DF-1200
Slowhand
Your Country: Denmark/Aarhus

Post by Slowhand »

Hi
You don't tell from where you want to import the boat - but at the bottom line it does'nt matter. As the boat is produced in the EU you can import it from anywhere even if it is produced before the CE mark was launched. I have imported two DF's from USA - both without CE marking. I asked the authorities here in Denmark and they said 'no problem'.

//Henrik
nirvana_eric_DF1000

Re: Buy a used DF1000

Thank you slowhand but you import them in the country where they was built.

Eric
Slowhand
Your Country: Denmark/Aarhus

Post by Slowhand »

Hi Eric

I just checked on the Danish Maritime Authority's homepage. They answer a question as follows:

Q: Should an imported recreational vessel for example from Japan or another country outside the EU, produced in example Denmark in 1992, have the CE mark?

A: We do not require CE marking of a recreational vessel that is produced within the EU area before the 16th June 1998.

This is because the vessel was already on the market before the Recreational Craft Directive came into force. Although the vessel has since been used in Japan (which is a third country), it can be imported and freely traded in Denmark. (end)

The link is (se question number 5):

http://www.soefartsstyrelsen.dk/fritids ... kning.aspx

Denmark is the European Union and vice versa. I'm sure you will receive the same answer from your local (EU)authority

//Henrik
nirvana_eric_DF1000

import in France

Just to confirm that there was no problem and we have the orange book for the french authorities.
First we had to go to the taxes authorities after to the border authorities and after to the maritim authorities and the boat is french.