DF 35 Users group in USA

For all those DF35 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below.
docclayton
Your Country: USVI, Cruz Bay, St. John

DF 35 Users group in USA

Post by docclayton »

There is an active DF 35 Users group in the USA that anyone who owns or uses a DF35 is welcome to view and post on. This group's purpose is to share information and assist each other on problems, solutions, and problem solving for DF35 owners.

This is the link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/df35/

docclayton
DF35-6
St. John, USVI
Bo Wetzel
Site Admin
Your Country: France, Provence

DF35 User Group in USA

Post by Bo Wetzel »

Wouldn't it be better an easier if you use this 'the' DF forum as it serves all DF's and I'm sure it is of interest to other DF users what DF35 owner have to discuss?

Why do you want a separate forum?
docclayton

No DF 35 users here

Post by docclayton »

Bo,

Would love to use this site also BUT there are no DF35 people sharing here. Where are our European DF35 owners? Not on this site.
Bo Wetzel
Site Admin

DF35 User Forum

Post by Bo Wetzel »

Maybe you should/could get the ball rolling?!
docclayton

The ball is rolling, no one there to pick it u

Post by docclayton »

Bo,

No DF35 owners appear to be using this website.

IF any other DF35 users are out there and looking at this site please stand up and introduce yourselves 8)

docclayton
DF35-6
penryj
Your Country: New York, NY

DF35 Owners

Post by penryj »

Hi Guys,
I'm expecting delivery of my DF35 in November this year and have just registered. I would think that a single user forum would work better. Who knows doc, seeing all your US owners here might be the catalyst for the Rest of the World to join.
Einar Gloersen
Your Country: Norway, Oslo

Here is a DF35 owner

Post by Einar Gloersen »

Hi guys,
I agree with penryj, a single forum would be best. The reason for not posting anything before is that I wanted some experience with the boat first. Now, after one summer in the boat I have put a couple of posts on the forum. Even though these are related to different problems, what’s most important is how much fun it is sailing the boat and how satisfied I’m with it. After more than 30 years of sailing monohulls I ask myself why I didn’t try Dragonfly before (The answer is quite simple, knowledge and money. Or the other way round).

For these fast boats, the world is not big enough for two user forums.
Einar
DF35 No.16 Gwaihir
Mario
Your Country: Denmark, Copenhagen

Here is another DF35 owner

Post by Mario »

Sure Einar, we have to have experience before saying or writing. I am from Cph flying DF35 from October 07 with a long winter break, so it’s first now I can say sth.
Bo, my first question is: Is it possible to attach photos?
Bob in Brazil
Your Country: BRAZIL, Maraú Península / USA, La Jolla

Re: DF35 User Group in USA

Post by Bob in Brazil »

Bo Wetzel wrote:Wouldn't it be better an easier if you use this 'the' DF forum as it serves all DF's and I'm sure it is of interest to other DF users what DF35 owner have to discuss?

I agree. Visitors and members will gain much more from a diverse number of contributions to one forum, than from a sporadic few on several. The more forum members, up to a point, the better. This one is a ways from that point.
Bob in Brazil

Re: DF35 User Group in USA

Post by Bob in Brazil »

Bob in Brazil wrote:
Bo Wetzel wrote:Wouldn't it be better an easier if you use this 'the' DF forum as it serves all DF's and I'm sure it is of interest to other DF users what DF35 owner have to discuss?
I agree. Visitors and members will gain much more from a diverse number of contributions to one forum, than from a sporadic few on several. The more forum members, up to a point, the better. This one is a ways from that point.
Not changing my mind, but just so you know. I requested info on used 35's and 1200's on this site for a month. Not one reply.

Finally today, I registered on the US 35 site. Within only a couple hours I received two inquiries: One from Dr. James Clayton, a member of this Forum. The other from very helpful US DF distributor, Richard Suriani.

Where are the 35 owners in Europe?

Bob :?
Bo Wetzel
Site Admin

Perfect boats?

Post by Bo Wetzel »

Maybe the reason for not having many (or any in the case of the DF28) comments from owners is that the DF35 and the DF28 are the (near?) perfect boats?
:wink:
Bob in Brazil

Perfect Boats?

Post by Bob in Brazil »

Of course!

What's there to say about perfection?

No complaints, too busy sailing...

:wink: