Shaft length

Motor, Motor Maintenance, Winches, Cooker, Heater, Fridge, Battery, Battery Charging, Shore Connection, Instruments, Autopilot, Anchor etc.
Michel Brown
Your Country: Canada, Quebec, Laval

Shaft length

Post by Michel Brown »

Can someone tell me which shaft length should be used on the 920: long (20") or extra long (25")?

Also, is the Honda 9.9 can be used on a 1998 920 without changes on the mounting pad?
Double Horizon
Your Country: USA

Re: Shaft length

Post by Double Horizon »

Michel Brown wrote:Can someone tell me which shaft length should be used on the 920: long (20") or extra long (25")?

Also, is the Honda 9.9 can be used on a 1998 920 without changes on the mounting pad?
Extra long. The Honda will interfere at the hull-deck joint if your boat was made when Quorning was using Yamaha (before 2003? not sure of the date). You need to grind off the protruding fiberglass joint beneath the wood pad and extend the wood pad further down. It would be a good idea to photograph and measure the current factory motor mount for the Honda. That will help you understand exactly what you need to do.
Larry - Former Owner DF-1200
Michel Brown
Your Country: Canada, Quebec, Laval

Post by Michel Brown »

Thank you for the information. I think I will finally stick with Yamaha!! Too much trouble to change for Honda.[/list]