Mediterannean Modifications

For all those DF35 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below.
Let Loose
Your Country: Italy, Genova

Mediterannean Modifications

Post by Let Loose »

My DF35 Let Loose is normally moored in Genova, Italy but currently out of the water in Greece. Great boat for the Med but not ideal for stern to mooring in marinas; also I wanted a solar panel uncovered with hulls folded and reasonably free of mast/forestay shadow, a small permanent sun shade for the helm (also acting as a support for a larger temporary cockpit bimini), some stainless rail for attaching aerials etc and a mount for a passerelle. I will forward photos for attachment but,in brief, I cut away a section of the back rest, modified the back rest structure near the lifting eyes so it didn't need to be moved forward for the lifting operation and installed a stainless steel frame with a solar panel in the centre, bimini fabric to each side, 1.85m high and with the leading edge set just astern the end of the boom. The structure also included a small platform over the rudder with a passerrelle mounting point. Finally, to protect the vulnerable float stern ends I fitted fenders on hinged stainelss steel mounts which can be lowered down easily from their upright secured position (with each arm either side of the stern scoop step). Happy to say all the work proved worthwhile last season. QB may be horrified of course..

Please click on any of the photos to see them enlarged!

Image Image Image
Steve
DF35 - Hull 9
penryj
Your Country: New York, NY

Med Mods

Post by penryj »

can't wait to see the photos. :D