Sails measurement

Mast, Boom, Standing and Running Rigging, Furler System, Reefing, Barberhauler, Lazyjack etc
clarivoile
Your Country: La Rochelle FRANCE

Sails measurement

Post by clarivoile »

I'm looking for all the measurement required to get new sails, genaker, code 0 for the 920 Extreme. Quorning sent me to Elvstrom who doesn't want to give anything if he doesn't make the sails....

Anybody has them?

Thank you
D920 E
Double Horizon
Your Country: USA

Post by Double Horizon »

Elvstrom is a good source. However, if you want to use another sail maker I suggest you have them measure the boat. It is part of the service (I have never heard of a sail maker charging extra for this) and it assures you that they will be completely responsible for the result.

They will not be able to claim you provided wrong measurements if it doesn't fit right. If they can't or won't come to the boat don't use them. That's my best advice.
Larry - Former Owner DF-1200
Mika Harju
Your Country: Finland, Turku

Re: Sails measurement

Post by Mika Harju »

clarivoile wrote:I'm looking for all the measurement required to get new sails, genaker, code 0 for the 920 Extreme.
Thank you
Contact Gransegeln / Mats Johansson. He has DF920X and they make fast and good sails in Sweden.
http://www.gransegel.se/design.html
Mika Harju
DF1000 Racing #8
clarivoile

thank you

Post by clarivoile »

I sent him a quotation request, I'll see. But I'm afraid the price would be very high, compare to here.
D920 E
Mats
Your Country: sweden

Re: thank you

Post by Mats »

Hi "clarivoile"

I have not recived any request. Somtimes mail disappears.....

Mats
clarivoile wrote:I sent him a quotation request, I'll see. But I'm afraid the price would be very high, compare to here.
clarivoile

Hi Mats

Post by clarivoile »

Sent again! I don't know where my previous one have gone.....

Thanks
D920 E
clarivoile

Dimensions

Post by clarivoile »

These are the dimensions of my new sails:

code 0:
guindant 13.150 / chute 11.730/ bordure 6.200/ largeur mi hauteur 3.540/ lpg 5.800 44.40 m2

genaker:
guindant 13.150 / chute 11.570/ bordure 8.000/ largeur mi hauteur 5.400/ lpg 7.860 65.50 m2

now, Ineed a full new set! Main and Genoa.....Looking for advise and more!
D920 E