DF 800 Center board stuck up.

including Amas (Floats), Akas (Beams) , Swing Wing system and all other hull related issues.
Doug
Your Country: USA Kearney, Ne.

DF 800 Center board stuck up.

Post by Doug »

I removed the table and try to push donw with a sick and big hammer and it don't move.
I have a 1992 800 DF
tpaliwoda
Your Country: USA, Raritan YC, Perth Amboy, New Jersey

Post by tpaliwoda »

The control lines are slack? correct?
They are not jammed between the centerboard and the trunk?

Did you recently beach the boat? If so I would bet there is a pebble or shell stuck between the board and the side of the trunk.

May be try clearing the slot area with something long thin and stiff - small batten?

I would really put away the hammer, nothing good can come from that!
Ted Paliwoda
D'Fly 1000 ; HN #1
Nice Tri
Raritan YC, Perth Amboy, NJ, USA
Doug
Your Country: USA Kearney, Ne.

Post by Doug »

tpaliwoda wrote:The control lines are slack? correct?
They are not jammed between the centerboard and the trunk?

Did you recently beach the boat? If so I would bet there is a pebble or shell stuck between the board and the side of the trunk.

May be try clearing the slot area with something long thin and stiff - small batten?

I would really put away the hammer, nothing good can come from that!
The boat has been on trailer for 2 years there was small piece of wood in the side and I removed it.Do you know how or what the pivot is or looks like on the center board
I have a 1992 800 DF
tpaliwoda

Post by tpaliwoda »

Should be a simple two line system. One to pull down and one to pull up. The down will lock into a releasing jam cleat and the other may be in a sheet lock. The board pivots toward the front of the centerboard case.

Kind of stumped about the wood? More than likely should not have been there. Take a look if something is jammed up there. That is my best guess

Can you take few pictures and have Bo post them, this way we may all see and figure out.
Ted Paliwoda
D'Fly 1000 ; HN #1
Nice Tri
tpaliwoda

Post by tpaliwoda »

Should be a simple two line system. One to pull down and one to pull up. The down will lock into a releasing jam cleat and the other may be in a sheet lock. The board pivots toward the front of the centerboard case.

Kind of stumped about the wood? More than likely should not have been there. Take a look if something is jammed up there. That is my best guess

Can you take few pictures and have Bo post them, this way we may all see and figure out.
Ted Paliwoda
D'Fly 1000 ; HN #1
Nice Tri