FITTING PLAN FOR DF800

For all those DF800 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below.
Andy Moore
Your Country: Australia, Brisbane, Ormiston

FITTING PLAN FOR DF800

Post by Andy Moore »

HI, I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A DF800 IN AUSTRALIA, THE BOAT HAS BEEN STRIPPED OF ALL FITTINGS FOR PAINTING AND IS READY FOR ASSEMBLY. COULD ANYBODY ADVISE WHERE I CAN GET A FITTING PLAN FOR THE DF800 AS I HAVE NO INSTRUCTIONS AND LOTS OF BOXES WITH FITTINGS IN THE GARAGE.

KIND REGARDS

ANDY
Mats
Your Country: sweden

Fittings

Post by Mats »

Dear Andy,

You can have a look at the gallerys at http://www.storsegel.se/
There you can se the arrangements we use up north. ie Stockholm.

Mats
Andy Moore
Your Country: Australia, Brisbane, Ormiston

Thanks for the reply

Post by Andy Moore »

I reviewed the site and thier are some very useful photos, however I am looking for a specific fitting plan as i need to identify the fittings in my garage and work out where they all go!.

Kind Regards

Andy Moore
Ken
Your Country: Australia, Bunbury WA

Dragonfly in Australia

Post by Ken »

Andy

I have just purchased a Dragonfly 800 in Western Australia and was wondering if you still have yours? I would be interested in knowing of any other D800's in Australia so if you are still out there ?????

Ken Mills
andymoore01
Your Country: Australia; Brisbane

Dragonfly in Australi

Post by andymoore01 »

Hi Ken, yes I am still about, the boat you bought must have been the one belonging to Ronel Bornman - Vamos??.

I have fitted out my boat and it is currently in the water, I completed a full refit (without any help form our mates at Windcraft!!) which cost me a bucket load more than I thought it would! however I am very pleased with the finished boat. I can send you some photos if you like as I have had a fair bit custom made including the bowsprit/achor, autopilot mounting and rigging. I have just fitted a new screecher which is on a endless furler and am yet to test it out, I fitted this instead of a spinaker as I wanted an easily handled reaching sail that I can also use in light wins for upwind.

The only other person I know with a Dragonfly 800 in Queensland is Kevin Leucke, I believe he lives on Bribie Island, he races his 800 and got a mention in the multihull magazine last month as he unfortunetly broke his mast.

Kind Regards

Andy
Ken

Vamos

Post by Ken »

Andy

I did purchase Chris Bornmans boat Vamos and it will arrive in Bunbury next Monday. I would like to see photos of your boat. Up until a couple of years ago I was crewing on a Tramp which is a 18 foot trimaran designed by Farrier. It converted me to trimarans which will suit the sailing conditions here. I was looking for a Farrier tri but they are scarce and expensive. I think that the Dragonfly will be just as good or better.
I am interested in getting a design for a cockpit tent. Do you have one?
Is your boat a new one and was it made in Australia?

Regards
Ken Mills
Ken

Photos

Post by Ken »

Andy

I have taken delivery of Vamos and am very pleased with it. I haven't got it in the water yet as there was some minor damage from trucking it from Broome and I am going on a couple of weeks holiday.
Even though it was constructed in 2002 (by Lindner boats in South Africa ) it is a D800 Mk11 without the swing wings.
I would be interested in seeing photos of your boat.
Ken
zaggaustralia
Your Country: Australia

Web Design Brisbane

Post by zaggaustralia »

Hey people I am new to this post. So please give me some information related to this so even I can be the part of this.

Regards,
Web Design Brisbane
Paul
Your Country: Australia, Cairns

Post by Paul »

Just came across your post. What do you need to know? I have a DF 800 in Cairns, if you need assistance with where fittings go etc let me know via the forum.

cheers,

Paul
Ken

Dragonfly in Western Australia

Post by Ken »

Paul wrote:Just came across your post. What do you need to know? I have a DF 800 in Cairns, if you need assistance with where fittings go etc let me know via the forum.

cheers,

Paul
Hello Paul

I am about to put Vamos in the water for its third racing season. I am pretty happy with it. It is very fast and lots of fun though the cabin is very cramped compared to a Farrier. I have seen photos of your boat when it was advertised for sale - it looks good.
If you have a bowsprit set up I would be interested in a couple of photos and dimensions (eg length from bow). I have set up one on mine but it is not very successful with the main problem being I am taking the bowsprit downhaul from the towing eye which is too high. I have no access to the bow just above the water line where I would like another eye.

Regards

Ken
DF800 MkII Vamos
Paul
Your Country: Australia, Cairns

Post by Paul »

Hi Ken,

My bowsprit is a stainless tube, about 60mm in diameter and approx 2mm wall thickness. It's 1200 mm long attached to a large stainless plate bolted to the deck. The downhaul is a stainless steel wire strop attached to a heavy eye about 100 mm above the water line. In a previous post I suggested you through bolt an eye from one side of the bow to the other, you can buy an eye with a flat plate from Whitworths and have a s/s fabricator bend it to fit the shape of the bow, or buy two and through bolt them both so you have an eye on iether side of your hull with a bridle arangement to the downhaul. I would strengthen the area with glass and epoxy, though I'm pretty sure that area of the boat is solid glass. If you search the Df forum using the words "DF 800 prodder and screecher set up" you will find some photos I posted earlier in the year when another member was asking about prodders. Good luck with the project.
Paul