NEW DF32 on it's way!

For all those DF32 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below
Bo Wetzel
Site Admin
Your Country: France, Provence

NEW DF32 on it's way!

Post by Bo Wetzel »

YES, the DF32 it's on it's way but you'll have to wait till 2012.
She should appear in January 2012 at the Düsseldorf Boot in Germany.
  • - Not trailerable.
    - A smaller version of the DF35
    - Optional inboard or outboard engine
    - Tiller steering standard, wheel steering optional
    - Promise of becoming the fastest DF
More details soon - Watch this space!
Thomas Larsson
Your Country: Sweden, Stockholm

Post by Thomas Larsson »

Have a look a this page for some CAD pics:

http://www.baadmagasinet.dk/index.php?s ... 766&page=1

//Mr W
Dragonfly 32, SWE11
Grace O'Malley
Bo Wetzel
Site Admin
Your Country: France, Provence

Details of NEW DF32

Post by Bo Wetzel »

Announcement from Quorning Boats, Denmark:

Quorning Boats take great pleasure in introducing the new Dragonfly 32' which is going to fill the gap between the Dragonfly 28 and Dragonfly 35. This boat is more like a scaled down Dragonfly 35 though, as the new Dragonfly 32 is not trailable like the Dragonfly 28.

The new Dragonfly 32 comes in a more new modern and dynamic design that is going to set new standards in both function and design. The 3D design – combined with a new 7-axis CNC-milling machine process – provides new possibilities. The combination between finite-elements technology with material and stress analysis creates a perfect balance of design and material compositions.

Like the other Dragonfly models, the new Dragonfly 32 will appear in two versions – one with a shorter rig and one in a more powerful version with a taller rig. The Dragonfly 32 will be offered standard with a 20 Hp outboard – optional is a 2-cylinder inboard diesel or electric drive. As standard, the boat is equipped with a tiller, but the cockpit has been designed and developed for wheel steering as well.

Interior
The boat comes with 6 full-size berths – all of 2 m length – with a big double V-berth up front, two bigger size easy-foldable single berths in the main cabin as well as a comfortable double berth in the aft cabin. The interior design will pretty much be similar to the Dragonfly 35 Classic version. The standard version is in maple wood, whereas the high-end luxury teakwood interior is optional. The main dinette table can seat 6 to 8 people comfortably. The galley will be located central by the companionway and will be a well-functional and convenient pantry providing good ergonomics.

The boat will offer full standing headroom of 1.95 m in the main cabin – 1.87 m in the toilet section.

The boat will have a nice big cockpit, which offers space enough for the whole crew. All halyards and lines are led to the cockpit for easy and safe handling – perfect also for shorthanded sailing.

The floats are designed even bigger – compared to our previous design – which makes the boat more powerful and fast. It will undoubtedly be the fastest boat in our fleet.

The Dragonfly 32 offers fun and safe family sailing – and, has potential for serious racing and safe fast sailing at the same time.

The process of making plugs and tooling has started at Quorning Boats' facilities, and the boat will be ready for the market by spring 2012.

DF32 Specifications
DF32 Photos
Stefan Kolmodin
Your Country: Sweden, Varmdo

Post by Stefan Kolmodin »

Please skip the wheel - it takes away all the feeling, is expensive and heavy!
LInsolent
Your Country: Cabanga Iate Clube, Recife, Brazil

DF 32 - B category?

Post by LInsolent »

The DF32 seems to be a B category, unlike the 1000, which is A. This is not good news, is it?
clarivoile
Your Country: La Rochelle FRANCE

almost ready

Post by clarivoile »

D920 E
LInsolent

Re: DF 32 - B category?

Post by LInsolent »

LInsolent wrote:The DF32 seems to be a B category, unlike the 1000, which is A. This is not good news, is it?
When I first received info on the boat it was indeed a B class, which is not good, but later on, some 2 months ago (I can't find Jens' email now) he said A, offshore, I hope so as I am begging on the streets in order to get the money to buy one (circa 190K€ + extras)
Phoenix
Your Country: Germany / Stade / River Elbe

True Beauty

Post by Phoenix »

I wonder if she is 2,55m wide with beams and floats taken off for easy transport over reasonable distance (marina -> home which is in my case only 5 miles). Weight would be in reach for a heavy 4x4.
Anyhow, she truely is a nice one and I wonder what speed records Jens is going to break with these slim, high, massive floats:). No doubt, the boat looks very fast.
Also hope she is finally a CE "A" but guess it will not be a disaster if not.
The inside of the boat is also (again) a big step ahead. Can't imagine anything better in this size. My wife already gave her "go":)
Tough years of saving money are ahead of me...
Maybe DF32 #50 will be my boat...
Dragonfly 800 SW Racing #287
LInsolent

Re: True Beauty

Post by LInsolent »

Phoenix wrote:I wonder if she is 2,55m wide with beams and floats taken off for easy transport over reasonable distance (marina -> home which is in my case only 5 miles). Weight would be in reach for a heavy 4x4.
Anyhow, she truely is a nice one and I wonder what speed records Jens is going to break with these slim, high, massive floats:). No doubt, the boat looks very fast.
The inside of the boat is also (again) a big step ahead. Can't imagine anything better in this size. My wife already gave her "go":)

DITTOOOOO :)
LInsolent

Re: True Beauty

Post by LInsolent »

LInsolent wrote:
Phoenix wrote:I wonder if she is 2,55m wide with beams and floats taken off for easy transport over reasonable distance (marina -> home which is in my case only 5 miles). Weight would be in reach for a heavy 4x4.

DITTOOOOO :)
But Category "A" Ocean going
Phoenix

2,70 m

Post by Phoenix »

Just received a kind mail from Jens that she is 2,70 m without beams and amas.
Up to 3m I can get an excemption here in Germany. So I could probably bring her home for the winter (dismounted of course).

Greetings
Ortwin

saving.. saving... saving :roll:
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

She is a CE "A" !
Just received the Info from Quorning.

Great :wink:
clarivoile