DF 25 Shrouds question

Mast, Boom, Standing and Running Rigging, Furler System, Reefing, Barberhauler, Lazyjack etc
eastbay
Your Country: Oakland, CA USA

DF 25 Shrouds question

Post by eastbay »

Being overwhelmed by the rousing response to my other question regarding the mast base :roll: I have another question. Did I mention that I'm a new owner??

In some photo's of the DF-25 it appears that there are two sets of upper shrouds- one fixed set and one that is further aft and with a multi part purchase arrangement at the bottom.

My boat is set up for one fixed set only. Am I missing something? I'm getting ready to launch for my first time tomorrow, and it blows pretty hard sometimes here on San Francisco Bay......

Thanks for the help!
moilanen.a
Your Country: Finland, Turku

Post by moilanen.a »

Ex. DF800
dragonfly88
Your Country: USA Portsmouth NH

Post by dragonfly88 »

My boat has the split set-up with a shroud that splits, one length to a turnbuckle on the center of the ama and the other length to a purchase aft on the ama. I have also seen just a shroud and shroud with running backstays. The photos on the flickr page are helpful. Many of those I've seen on a swedish site that had many pictures of 25s and fixed 800s. Great when you can see the rigging. Sadly I think the site is gone.