masttop tricolor/anchor light

Motor, Motor Maintenance, Winches, Cooker, Heater, Fridge, Battery, Battery Charging, Shore Connection, Instruments, Autopilot, Anchor etc
EarthBM
Your Country: USA, So Cal -- So Florida

masttop tricolor/anchor light

Post by EarthBM »

Mine is not working. Wire at the mast base has proper voltage. I hear Lopolight is ok to deal with when replacing lights under warranty, but I can't seem to remove it. Does anyone know if it's glued on? I removed the nuts but no movement at all... I imagine it was installed at the factory, so all Dragonflies should have the same?
Ivan -- DF 35 #29 "Lykke"
EarthBM
Your Country: USA, So Cal -- So Florida

Post by EarthBM »

From the mother ship:
On The lid of the Lopolight lantern there are 3 bolts, to release the lid they need to be removed. The lid is also glued with Sikaflex in the center around the cable connections inside the lantern, you need to create a gap and then carefully cut the inside glue with a thin knife. When the lid is removed 3 more bolts will be visible, they attach the lantern to the mast top.

This was the first generation Lopolight, now they have the cable sealed in from production.
Ivan -- DF 35 #29 "Lykke"
Paulcoleman
Your Country: USA, Ashburn, Virginia

Re: masttop tricolor/anchor light

Post by Paulcoleman »

EarthBM wrote:Mine is not working. Wire at the mast base has proper voltage. I hear Lopolight is ok to deal with when replacing led lighting under warranty, but I can't seem to remove it. Does anyone know if it's glued on? I removed the nuts but no movement at all... I imagine it was installed at the factory, so all Dragonflies should have the same?
You need to take expert guidance for this.