Dragonfly Newsletter - First Issue

For issues which concern all or several type of DFs and which DO NOT fit into any category below!
TC
Your Country: USA, Sedro-Woolley

Dragonfly Newsletter - First Issue

Post by TC »

Got this via email (I assume via the DF Register/Michael Paterson) and have not seen it posted here:

..........................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................
To: ml@dragonfly.dk
Subject: Dragonfly Newsletter - First Issue
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 11:00:46 +0000

Dear Dragonfly enthusiast

We are proud to herewith present you with this our first Dragonfly Newsletter from the factory at Quorning Boats. We aim to send this out about five times a year, to keep you more updated as to what happens with and around our Dragonfly Trimarans.

BREAKING NEWS
Yachts & Yachting Magazine in England has just today, 4 January announced the winner of their readers’ contest of the best Performance Boat over 30´. The nominated boats were Sly 38, Dufour 36, Grand Soleil 43, MC 34, XP 50 from X-Yachts and not least Dragonfly 32´- and the winner is: DRAGONFLY 32´.

We are of course extremely proud and delighted to receive this award and appreciation. The prize award will be during the upcoming London Boat Show. For more information about this please check out www.yachtsandyachting.co.uk

BOAT SHOWS
Dragonfly has a quick start in the new year when our UK representative Mr Al Wood, Multihull Solutions presents his latest DF 28 at the London Boat Show from 12-20 January. This is the first time Dragonfly is on display in London and Al is looking forward to welcoming you to his stand. See Multihull Solutions’ website for more information.

Here at the factory in Denmark we are also preparing for the “ BOOT 2013 “ Düsseldorf boat show where we will display DF 28 with the latest details and modifications and we are also proud to present for the first time at an indoor boat show our new and latest model, the DRAGONFLY 32´. You can meet us in Hall 17 and the boat show is open to for visitors from 19-27 January when we look forward to welcoming you at our stand.

EUROPEAN YACHT OF THE YEAR
The DF 32´is also nominated for the “European Yacht Of The Year” award in the multihull category, which will be released on 19 January.

We of course hope that we can hopefully again win this prestigious award like we did in 2004 with the DF 920 Extreme and again in 2008 with the DF 35.

We fully believe the DF 32´has deserved to win this award this year, due to its unique design, many new ideas and not least the room we have been able to create inside this 32´trimaran. It is however difficult to compare this boat with the other bigger cruising catamarans.

The sea trials were in Southampton just after the boat show in September in very hard windy conditions whereas the sea trials made in Genoa after their boat show later in October were in basically no wind which makes performance and function even more difficult to compare.

BOAT SHOW OFFER
During the month of January 2013, until the last day of the Düsseldorf boat show 27 January, we have this year a special boat show offer on the DF 28 and an introduction campaign on the DF 32´. If you are interested to learn more about this, please contact your local dealer or us here at Quorning Boats and we will be pleased to help you.

DF 32 FILM
We have just released our new DF 32´promotion video which was filmed here in late November 2012. The video is made on the prototype, ie the “Supreme” version with the taller rig and with the standard maple interior which can also be upgraded to teakwood.

We hope you will enjoy this and you are of course welcome to pass the link on to your friends.

We also hope this video will help more sailors better understand the fun and fascination of trimaran sailing. My 20-year-old daughter Stine is helming the DF 32 during the hole sailing session of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kngm-NhfSJ0

DRAGONFLY YACHT CHARTER
Last year we here from the yard started chartering of a DF 28 Touring named “ TRI ME “ on a weekly basis to let interested people have a chance to test Dragonfly sailing by chartering a new boat including one day of instruction. This was really a success and the boat was chartered for a total of 17 weeks which for Danish weather conditions is quite fantastic. Please see our promotion charter video here.

This boat was sold by the end of the season and we now have a new “ TRI ME “ ready by beginning of April. If this is of interest to you or some of your friends, please contact Mrs Mette Lindquist here at our office and she will help you with more information.

PRODUCTION IN DENMARK
Here by the end of January we will have our new huge ventilation system finally installed and fine-tuned so we will now have more lamination capacity and meet the high standards for environment; we stop using oil for heating and we have now installed a double heat-exchange system that recycles more than 80% of the heat we use, which is very much appreciated as we now ventilate 65,000 m3 per hour in our lamination shop only.

These are the very difficult restrictions we have here in Denmark which of course makes production more expensive here than in other countries but we feel that quality is so essential to this kind of complex boat manufacturing that we still want to keep this production as well here in Denmark.

If you consider a new boat for the season, please contact your local dealer or us here at Quorning Boats – we still have some available boats.

We hope you enjoyed reading our newsletter and if you have any comments we look forward to hearing from you.

Venlig hilsen / Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Jens Quorning & Team Dragonfly
QUORNING BOATS ApS
Skærbækvej 101
7000 Fredericia
Tlf.: 75 56 26 26
info@dragonfly.dk
www.dragonfly.dk
TC

Formerly of:
Strider
DF 1000 #17
parkhouse
Your Country: U.K./Inverkeithing

Post by parkhouse »

Not Guilty!
Michael Paterson
Bo Wetzel
Site Admin
Your Country: France, Provence

Post by Bo Wetzel »

TC you're the lucky one - I didn't get a newsletter.

Bo
(DF User Forum admin)
TC
Your Country: USA, Sedro-Woolley

Post by TC »

Michael, I wasn't finger pointing! I liked getting the newsletter...just surprised Jens got involved. Now I wonder how he got my email....

Bo, if I receive more of these newsletters, should I post them? Is there value?
TC

Formerly of:
Strider
DF 1000 #17
Bo Wetzel
Site Admin
Your Country: France, Provence

Do forum users want to see the Quorning newsletter here?

Post by Bo Wetzel »

I've no problem with it but maybe other users could state their opinion.

Bo
EarthBM
Your Country: USA, So Cal -- So Florida

Post by EarthBM »

But of course.

I haven't yet met a sailor who thinks than less information is better than more information.

....unless it's a 96-page discussion of trailer bearings for "the other" trimaran.
Ivan -- DF 35 #29 "Lykke"
Double Horizon
Your Country: USA

Post by Double Horizon »

Yes post them
Larry - Former Owner DF-1200
jessicasmith
Your Country: london

Post by jessicasmith »

very nice and interesting posts :)

Braindumps Braindumps
Certkiller icnd certification icnd certification