Autopilot DF800

Motor, Motor Maintenance, Winches, Cooker, Heater, Fridge, Battery, Battery Charging, Shore Connection, Instruments, Autopilot, Anchor etc.
Ultradry
Your Country: France, La Trinite sur Mer/Morbihan

Autopilot DF800

Post by Ultradry »

Following previous questions please find some pictures of the installation of my Autohelm 2000+. I have selected the 2000 because faster than the 1000. Electricity comes only from a 45W solar panel. That is just enough for daily sommer cruising with some late night arrival. Philippe Damour

Please click on any of the photos to see them enlarged!

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Bo Wetzel
Site Admin
Your Country: France, Provence

Autopilot DF800

Post by Bo Wetzel »

I can only confirm that the ST2000 is a far better choice than the 1000.
The speed of the 1000 is too slow to do an automatic tacking in strong winds!
It is certainly worth while to spend that little bit of extra money.
You can get the ST2000 now with a remote control (often included in a 'Special Offer' price) which I found a useful addition for the single-handed sailor.
popeonarope
Your Country: UK, Keyhaven/HANTS

Post by popeonarope »

thanks so much for this useful post. I'd like to fit an ST2000, can you plse tell me what extras you had to buy. Eg. is tiller bracket the 1, 2 or 3 inch please. Any other plugs etc. required which didn't come with the unit (which I've ordered but not yet received).

many thanks, Humphrey.
popeonarope

Post by popeonarope »

I forgot to ask, is there any reason why you chose to mount the ST2000 on the starboard side (where it obscures nav light) rather than on port side (I'm guessing the ST200 can deal with mounting on both sides?)?

thanks

Humphrey.
tpaliwoda
Your Country: USA, Raritan YC, Perth Amboy, New Jersey

Post by tpaliwoda »

When I had one of these, i remember that it came set up from the manufacturer to be mounted on the starboard side. You had to enter some code to reverse the mounting to port side.
Quoring used to make a bracket the mounted to the 800's to mount these.
Check with Jen's if he still has any. It was a real nice bracket.
Ted
Ted Paliwoda
D'Fly 1000 ; HN #1
Nice Tri
Raritan YC, Perth Amboy, NJ, USA
popeonarope

Post by popeonarope »

Thanks, I now understand quorning do a stainless bracket for 188 euros + vat and post, think I'm going to go with a DIY wooden one. Am afraid I'm unable to upload the photo I got of the bracket.

kind regards,

Humphrey
Cruiserfly
Your Country: Austria

Post by Cruiserfly »

popeonarope wrote:Thanks, I now understand quorning do a stainless bracket for 188 euros + vat and post, think I'm going to go with a DIY wooden one. Am afraid I'm unable to upload the photo I got of the bracket.

kind regards,

Humphrey

Who has pictures of the stainless steel bracket for the autopilot as mentioned by Humphrey ? Any other suggestions to fit the autopilot on a DF 800 ? Thanks a lot in advance.
Kind regards from Austria

Michael
Cruiserfly
Your Country: Austria

Post by Cruiserfly »

I was just informed by Quorning that the former "niro steel bracket" isn't available any more. Therefore a picture (sent to adshanta (et) yahoo.de) would be very well appreciated :D :D
Thanks a Lot !