Centreboard out on the trailer....?

including Amas (Floats), Akas (Beams) , Swing Wing system and all other hull related issues.
philw
Your Country: UK, Poole

Centreboard out on the trailer....?

Post by philw »

Hi all,

Has anyone ever tried to remove the centreboard when the boat is on the trailer?

I've looked at the drawing and read a couple of the posts about changing the ropes, but I would like to check the surfaces and general condition of the whole foil.

Thanks, Phil
Phil Wheeler
DF800 185 - Trilemma

Poole, UK South Coast
philw
Your Country: UK, Poole

Post by philw »

bump...?
Phil Wheeler
DF800 185 - Trilemma

Poole, UK South Coast
Stefan Kolmodin
Your Country: Sweden, Varmdo

Post by Stefan Kolmodin »

Support the boat on props (?) and pull out the trailer. These are good since you can lift the boat higher with them and get all of the cb out and also easier to get the trailer back in place again. http://www.seaquip.se/sortiment/mb-stottor/mb2/
DF800R, SWE-257
Christian
Your Country: Sweden, Nacka

Should work

Post by Christian »

Actually, there is only one bolt holding the centerboard - and that bolt is reached when the centerboard is folded. On my old DF800 a insect key (6 sides) was needed to unscrew the bolt. And then release the line and the board will possible to unhook. It is heavy!

You have to measure the distance between road and hull, the board is quite wide. Do not have the actual size - but I think it is about 50 cm. (Does anyone know?)

I think it will be a good idea to find a pit. A pit used for car maintenance. That will give you the space you need.