NEW DF25 Forum

For issues which concern all or several type of DFs and which DO NOT fit into any category below!
Bo Wetzel
Site Admin
Your Country: France, Provence

NEW DF25 Forum

Post by Bo Wetzel »

I've, after a request from an owner, created a NEW DF25 forum section (see below).
May there be a happy exchange of ideas and experiences I'm sure we'll be all happy to hear about.
EYS
Your Country: USA SanDiego/bay

Re: our 25T experience

Post by EYS »

I see no new DF/25 posts so I will start the ball rolling. I have two DF/25s one in PNW and the other in San Diego. #s 74 and 90 both are touring versions. I owned and sailed for >10 years modified firefly 26 which was basically a supercharged DF/25 back in the Eighties. I used the boat for several years on the Chesapeake bay and later trailered it to Seattle. Now in my mid 80s I no longer race or desire the rush of 18-20 K under sail. With >2 years of sailing the new 25 my conclusions are that the boat is well mannered and works well as a protected water day sailor. The quality of build is very good. I believe my older FF26 was faster but considering the DF25 T is not the Sport version that makes sense for a family oriented craft. In winds ranging from light 6K up to 15K with the working sails our speed ranges from 3-11K. We have the 0code and Genaker and fly both in lighter winds only. My wife is aboard the boat but can no longer do much as crew so I basically single hand with the help of an autopilot. For our purpose we find the 25 a good match. Sails flat-dry-responsive and simple to tack or jib. Surprisingly the 25 also handles boat wake well and there is plenty of that in San Diego Bay. EYS
Ancient marina
Wombat
Your Country: Deutschland
Sailing Area: südliche Ostsee, Lübecker Bucht

Re: NEW DF25 Forum

Post by Wombat »

Danke für Deinen Betrag. Ich habe meinen C 28 EC mir dem Ziel der Verkleinerung verkauft und suche nun einen DF 25.
Wer seinen in Europa abgeben will bitte melden. :lol:
Bo Wetzel
Site Admin
Your Country: France, Provence

Re: NEW DF25 Forum

Post by Bo Wetzel »

Please use the FOR SALE/WANTED page of the DF User Forum to place an advert as here is not the proper place for it.
Thank you for your understanding and your support of the DF User Forum which has been going for over 22 years now.