Propeller

Motor, Motor Maintenance, Winches, Cooker, Heater, Fridge, Battery, Battery Charging, Shore Connection, Instruments, Autopilot, Anchor etc.
aro
Your Country: Sweden, Limhamn

Propeller

Post by aro »

Yes, I read an article about thrust from propellers. Then I bought a high thrust propeller fron Honda (Have a 15 hp Honda). Yes, yeah, just going from the slip to ny pontoon was a thrill. True action from the motor. Acceleration like when I put three bladed folding prop on the J/110 as opposed to a two bladed prop.

Recomended. Graat move.
Anders
pippo
Your Country: Netherlands, Haarlem/Italy, Milan

Re: Propeller

Post by pippo »

aro wrote:Yes, I read an article about thrust from propellers. Then I bought a high thrust propeller fron Honda (Have a 15 hp Honda). Yes, yeah, just going from the slip to ny pontoon was a thrill. True action from the motor. Acceleration like when I put three bladed folding prop on the J/110 as opposed to a two bladed prop.

Recomended. Graat move.
Anders,

Thanks, very interesting. At my third w/e on the DF 28 I am enthusiastic about the sailing (only light weather so far but still great to speed at 8-9 knts flying the gennaker while everybody else is nearly still in a Force1/2) but I am slightly terrorised by manoevering in harbour or in the locks) especially with side/back wind.

Do you have details of your new prop maker? type? do you know whether there is one also for the Honda 10 hp?

thanks

pippo

ps is the article you read in English? (I am interested to learn more..)
Ciao,
pippo
Ipe Piccardt Brouwer
Your Country: Netherlands, Winkel NH

Post by Ipe Piccardt Brouwer »

Last winter I made a modification to my outboard (Yamaha 9.9) that was suggested on the f-boat site:
http://www.f-boat.com/pdf/OutboardMotorMods.pdf

Haven't had enough time to test it's effect in full, will keep you posted. I already have the hi-trust propellor.
Ipe Piccardt Brouwer
DF920-28 'Ngalawa', Medemblik
aro
Your Country: Sweden, Limhamn

Re: Propeller

Post by aro »

I bought an original Honda High throust propeller, it is a different prop for a 10 Hp Honda.

I found the new propeller i Hondamarine.se. A model for a 10 Hp has reference 06581-ZW9-A40ZA (I have a 15 Hp Honda).

There are lots of makes, even props where you can set the angle manually. I just like original parts, it is easier to handle warranty claims if need be.

Good luck, Anders
Anders
pippo
Your Country: Netherlands, Haarlem/Italy, Milan

Re: High trust Propeller is a MUST

Post by pippo »

aro wrote:A model for a 10 Hp has reference 06581-ZW9-A40ZA .
Just to say thanks for the advice.

The high thrust propeller is a must. Finally this summer got round to install it (very easy) and started regretting not having done that earlier.

Manouvers also with strong wind are MUCH better :D , boat responds immediately and everything is so much more precise and relaxing in tight spaces (harbour, locks..).

We did a little motorsailing (mainsail and motor) upwind in a nasty chop (wind against tide) and also there could not believe how much better it went.

Max speed under motor in completely flat water and no wind seems not to suffer noticeably. We did and still do 6/6.5 with a fully loaded boat. We have not been able to see whether consumption increased much (luckily we did not motor long enough..).

Installing the high thrust propeller is definitely one of the first things I would recommend any new DF 28 user to do.
Ciao,
pippo
Pugnaixl
Your Country: canada

Post by Pugnaixl »

This is the information that is appropriate to publish the full details.