DF 25 Magic Hemple Dagger board / manual

For all those DF25 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below.
Lionel.alladio
Your Country: Canada,Bonaventure/Quebec

DF 25 Magic Hemple Dagger board / manual

Post by Lionel.alladio »

Have recently acquired the Magic Temple which I believed is a modified version of the standard DF 25
I have little info concerning any manual and certain modifications have been made over time
I am looking for the original ring of the dagger board set up . Has anyone got any info , does the original set work . Is there a manual for the DF 25 . I found on internet a Manual for the DF800 .
Can someone help me out .

Lionel
Anders B
Your Country: Denmark, Aarhus

Post by Anders B »

Hi - have a more or less original from 1985 but no manual - but what do You mean with "original ring of the dagger board set up" - what ring ?
regards Anders
Anders Brandt
DF 25 Smultronbris
Lionel.alladio

Post by Lionel.alladio »

Anders B wrote:Hi - have a more or less original from 1985 but no manual - but what do You mean with "original ring of the dagger board set up" - what ring ?
regards Anders
Thank you for answering back

The dagger board is hand raised by a cord which passes through the center /middle length of the board . This cord is connected to two pulleys one on each side of the board which is linked together and attached to a secord cord connected to the mast ( inserted pulley which is relayed to the cockpit.
When I remove the dagger board I notice a set of pulleys on each side of the board at the top and bottom , what are these for ? I thought they where part of the original way the dagger board was set. Up t o raise and lower it .
Concerning an other topic, reefing do you know if there was a way on reefing without getting out of the cockpit. the previous owner mentioned that originally something existed put did not really work . i understand that propabbally the Magic Hempel might differ from the stock version as it was modified for racing.
Happy sailing
Anders B
Your Country: Denmark, Aarhus

Post by Anders B »

ok, sound different , maybe You could post a picture. I will get a picture of mine - it's very simple and not possible to handle from cockpit.
Regarding reefing, I have a Marstrom carbon rig - so that's not compareable with Yours, but I have to go on deck to reef.
regards
Anders
Anders Brandt
DF 25 Smultronbris
Lionel.alladio

Post by Lionel.alladio »

Anders B wrote:ok, sound different , maybe You could post a picture. I will get a picture of mine - it's very simple and not possible to handle from cockpit.
Regarding reefing, I have a Marstrom carbon rig - so that's not compareable with Yours, but I have to go on deck to reef.
regards
Anders
Ok will get a picture and send it to you
Thanks for the info on reefing will look into it
Lionel.alladio

Pictures

Post by Lionel.alladio »

Lionel.alladio wrote:
Anders B wrote:ok, sound different , maybe You could post a picture. I will get a picture of mine - it's very simple and not possible to handle from cockpit.
regards
Anders
Ok will get a picture and send it to you
Thanks for the info on reefing will look into it
Here are the pictures . I sent them to Dragonfly , they responded back saying originally the dagger board was push down with a stick . Apparently the some Dragonflies have similar system but they do not have any documentations

Please click on any of the photos to see them enlarged!

Image Image Image