DF photo logo: Dragonfly Trimarans User Forum  

Magnifying glass
Search the Forum

chafing on mainsail reefing lines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragonfly Trimarans Forum Index -> DF920 Rig/Sails
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckle.roger

chafing on mainsail reefing lines   Posted: Mon 03 Nov 08, 17:04    Reply with quote

Hi all
The main reefing lines come up and out of the mast into a fixed block and on through the sail.
My problem is the line is chafing badly were it comes out of the fixed block as the run of the line is not good and the reefing line rubs heavely on the outer edge of the fixed block stainless mounting,

The fixed block appears to be in the wrong place to me, surely not.

I can see no fix to this either?

roger
Thomas Leitgeb

solution for mainsail reefing   Posted: Sat 17 Jan 09, 17:18    Reply with quote

I had the same problem and I heard also from other sailors about this. But there is a very good solution that I have seen on a DF920 from Germany. Therefore you have to dismount the Aluminiumpart and than you have to cut some of the ribīs. I can sent you a foto of the finished part. Since that I never hade a problem and it works perfect. For contact: Thomas.leitgeb@sailact.eu
Bo Wetzel
Site Admin

Ref: Photo   Posted: Sun 18 Jan 09, 18:02    Reply with quote

Please Thomas send it to me and I'll put it on the forum for all to see.

Bo
sjschweitzer815

Reeling line blocks   Posted: Mon 29 May 17, 23:02    Reply with quote

I have a DF920 with 17year old reeling line blocks. Can anyone recommend a block size (working load) rating I should be looking for? I am using 9mm line.
gminkovsky

Posted: Tue 30 May 17, 20:01    Reply with quote

I use 72mm lewmar synchro blocks with SWL ~2400 lbs (1100 kg) for all high load lines (preventer, reef, etc). My original Fredrickson blocks were replaced (under warranty) by 72mm ronstan with similar load.

The only high-load block that I have is for the main halyard. I really like Lewmar. They are cheap, well made, and available everywhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragonfly Trimarans Forum Index -> DF920 Rig/Sails All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: