DF photo logo: Dragonfly Trimarans User Forum  

Magnifying glass
Search the Forum

Satisfaction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragonfly Trimarans Forum Index -> DF32 General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjschweitzer815

Satisfaction   Posted: Wed 20 Sep 17, 1:28    Reply with quote

I am considering the purchase of a DF32. I currently have a 920 (for sale on this forum). i am looking for feedback from owners of DF32 on their satisfaction. I am also struggling with whether to have the boat fitted with the outboard or inboard (Diesel). Can I get opinions on this choice?

Steve
gminkovsky

Posted: Wed 20 Sep 17, 22:37    Reply with quote

Given a choice between an outboard and inboard diesel I would strongly prefer diesel for the following reasons:

You can motor in waves.
You get hot water.
It is quieter.
It is much more fuel efficient (not important in cost but in the amount of fuel to carry on a cruise).

I don't know the difference in price, but I am assuming that diesel will be at least twice more expensive.

I seriously considered upgrading from 920 to 32 when it came out but it was too expensive for me.
Double Horizon

Posted: Mon 02 Oct 17, 3:55    Reply with quote

I sailed the DF32 for a day sail this summer, it was a 2-year old boat. It sails very nicely and it was diesel. I agree with George about the advantages of diesel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragonfly Trimarans Forum Index -> DF32 General Topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: