Satisfaction

For all those DF32 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below
sjschweitzer815
Your Country: USA, Racine, WI

Satisfaction

Post by sjschweitzer815 »

I am considering the purchase of a DF32. I currently have a 920 (for sale on this forum). i am looking for feedback from owners of DF32 on their satisfaction. I am also struggling with whether to have the boat fitted with the outboard or inboard (Diesel). Can I get opinions on this choice?

Steve
gminkovsky
Your Country: USA, Long Island Sound

Post by gminkovsky »

Given a choice between an outboard and inboard diesel I would strongly prefer diesel for the following reasons:

You can motor in waves.
You get hot water.
It is quieter.
It is much more fuel efficient (not important in cost but in the amount of fuel to carry on a cruise).

I don't know the difference in price, but I am assuming that diesel will be at least twice more expensive.

I seriously considered upgrading from 920 to 32 when it came out but it was too expensive for me.
Double Horizon
Your Country: USA

Post by Double Horizon »

I sailed the DF32 for a day sail this summer, it was a 2-year old boat. It sails very nicely and it was diesel. I agree with George about the advantages of diesel.
Larry - Former Owner DF-1200
Gerrit Hoelzle
Your Country: Bremerhaven, Germany

Satisfaction on DF 32

Post by Gerrit Hoelzle »

Hey Steve,

maybe a little late, but I forgot my pasword - sorry!

I switched from my DF 920 to a DF 32 Supreme in 2016. A great choice! The DF 32 is the best of both worlds: Performance boat on the one and Family cruiser on the other hand.

I got my 32 with inboard Diesel as my homespot is the Weser-River and the North Sea with strong tidal currents and often high waves. With the outboard of my DF 920 we had often the Problem that the prop has been lifted out of the water. That can´t happen with the inboard. It is much more comfortable. And the inboard Diesel is extremely silent.

Best
Gerrit

DF 32 Supreme (`Shruikan´)
DF 32 Supreme, `Shruikan´
sjschweitzer815

Satisfaction on DF32

Thanks for your feedback. I have also learned that Quorning will no longer build the 32 with the outboard. I found an excellent used 32, with a diesel and tiller! Perfect.
Gerrit Hoelzle
Your Country: Bremerhaven, Germany

Post by Gerrit Hoelzle »

Good Choice, Congrats!
DF 32 Supreme, `Shruikan´
sjschweitzer815

DF 32 Supreme

SO i purchased a '14 DF32 supreme, in 2018. Very nice boat. Still "learning the ropes" THere is no outhaul. There are two pair of empty sheaves in the boom. No hardware on the deck for bringing lines to the cockpit. Has anyone ever rigged an outhaul on the DF32? How did you accomplish this?