Garmin wireless Sailpack

Motor, Motor Maintenance, Winches, Cooker, Heater, Fridge, Battery, Battery Charging, Shore Connection, Instruments, Autopilot, Anchor etc
One Way
Your Country: Thailand, Laem Sing

Garmin wireless Sailpack

Post by One Way »

Hello everybody, a few months ago I decide to change my Nexus NX 2 Sailpack,,because after 10 years the screens start to be illegible because of the UV. But Nexus now make part of Garmin, and I could nowhere find the Nexus displays. So I bought the complete Garmin GNX wireless Sailpack. Since I bought this pack, I have problems, data from the wind transducer are intermittent, and some times disappear for a long period. Garmin Thailand already exchange the Windtransducer and the wind display 2 times, but the problem is still there. After many emails with Garmin Support, it appears that when the displays are fixed in de center of the boat on the roof ( what is the most convenient place ) the radio signals are partially blocked by the Carbon mast. this happens because Garmin eliminated the WSI box, and put the receiver inside the Wind Display. The range of the Garmin wireless Sailpack is only 50 feet.Before, when the Nexus NX2 was fixed, the WSI box ( and the receiver) was fixed about 3 feet to port behind the electric panel. So the radio signal has only a little interference with the mast.
If someone else has the same problems, and he find a good solution, please share it .Thank you and nice sailing .