Yamaha Fuel Line & Electric Start Connections

Motor, Motor Maintenance, Winches, Cooker, Heater, Fridge, Battery, Battery Charging, Shore Connection, Instruments, Autopilot, Anchor etc.
Mal
Your Country: Wales

Yamaha Fuel Line & Electric Start Connections

Post by Mal »

I sometimes get a problem priming the engine with fuel;-when squeezing the in-line bulb, it feels like it is full of air, and does not lift fuel into the bulb & then into the engine.

I have replaced the fuel line with a brand new genuine Yamaha fuel line, and have also recently changed the engine, but still the problem ocurs.I have checked the pick-up pipe in the Yamaha fuel tank, and it is in good condition;- clean as a whistle.

Anyone get the same problem, or got any ideas? I'm wondering if it is something to do with the fuel line coming up from the tank under the cockpit, up through the hole in the transom, and then down to the bulb. Is fuel in that top loop draining back down to the fuel tank, leaving just air in the loop above the bulb?

Secondly, some time ago I posted a question about connection of the 12v cables from the electric start outboard. I can see a negative post down close to the floor to port of the under cockpit drawer. I'm assuming that the positive from the engine goes onto the post of the main switch on the battery side of the switch, so avoiding gong through the switch or main fuse? Can anyone confirm, please?

Thanks

Mal
DF920 Pelican, Swansea
Jacob Blom
Your Country: The Netherlands, Harlingen

Re: Yamaha Fuel Line & Electric Start Connections

Post by Jacob Blom »

Trie to hold the bulb vertical, with the engine side up when squeezing.

Succes!
Jacob Blom
Mal wrote:I sometimes get a problem priming the engine with fuel;-when squeezing the in-line bulb, it feels like it is full of air, and does not lift fuel into the bulb & then into the engine.

I have replaced the fuel line with a brand new genuine Yamaha fuel line, and have also recently changed the engine, but still the problem ocurs.I have checked the pick-up pipe in the Yamaha fuel tank, and it is in good condition;- clean as a whistle.

Anyone get the same problem, or got any ideas? I'm wondering if it is something to do with the fuel line coming up from the tank under the cockpit, up through the hole in the transom, and then down to the bulb. Is fuel in that top loop draining back down to the fuel tank, leaving just air in the loop above the bulb?

Secondly, some time ago I posted a question about connection of the 12v cables from the electric start outboard. I can see a negative post down close to the floor to port of the under cockpit drawer. I'm assuming that the positive from the engine goes onto the post of the main switch on the battery side of the switch, so avoiding gong through the switch or main fuse? Can anyone confirm, please?

Thanks

Mal