Trailer

For all those DF920 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below.
Frank
Your Country: Deutschland

Trailer

Post by Frank »

I plan to built a streettrailer for a DF 920. Has someone helpfull informations for me? :D
gminkovsky
Your Country: USA, Long Island Sound

Re: Trailer

Post by gminkovsky »

I had a custom aluminum trailer built for me by Float-On in the US. The trailer is <450 kg (900 pounds). The original modified DF920 cradle is permanently attached to the trailer. I have the type of cradle where the boat is supported under the forward beam attchement points, and a flat platform supports the main hull just behind the centerboard trunk. This was recommended by Jens to be used to launch the boat directly from the trailer. I never had to launch off the trailer yet - so far I've used a crane. It would be easy to launch from the trailer provided there is a long and steep launching ramp - I would still have to use a 3 m (10 foot) tongue entension. However, I can imagine that it would be far more difficult to guide the boat back on the trailer to retrieve it. Any small boat movement from wave action can dislodge the boat or throw it against the protruding cradle supports.

I imagine it would be possible to build a trailer with long rails or rollers to properly support both the main hull and amas. This would have to be discussed with Jens to ensure that there is no pressure on those parts of the hulls that have foam core.

Also to consider on how to support amas and whether to remove them or not for driving. I do not remove the amas when I take the boat home for the winter. It is about a 40 km (25 miles) drive. I get an oversize permit and drive slowly <60 km/h (40 mph) without any problems.
Frank
Your Country: Deutschland

Post by Frank »

Thank you for this Information :)
Perfec were some technic al drawings, can I get it :?:
Ernst Fellner
Your Country: Germany, Bad Windsheim

Post by Ernst Fellner »

Frank wrote:I plan to built a streettrailer for a DF 920. Has someone helpfull informations for me? :D
:)
Hallo Frank, transportiere meinen DF920-57 vom Kauf an mit einem Harbeck Auflieger und einem VW-Bus ( Doppelkabine ) als Sattelzugmaschine mit Druckluftbremse. Habe 100 km/h Zulassung für D - Autobahn.
Das Gespann ist absolut stabil bis jenseits 130 km/h, fahre aber meistens um 95 km/h nach Tempostat.
Haben bisher 8 mal die Alpen übergert ( Franken - Istrien ) und 3 Reisen nach Dänemark ( Franken - Skaerbaek ). Man muß eine tatsächliche Anhängelast von >> 3000 kp annehmen, eine Kugelkopf-Kupplung und Auflaufbremse ist da am Limit. Habe Elektroseilwinde zum Slippen mit Quorning Slippwagen, nutzen das aber nicht, Kranen wenn möglich immer.
Bilder im alten Dragonfly Forum, bei Harbeck.de und auch bei Quorning im DF920 Video.
Kai Schulz
Your Country: Germany, Bremen

Post by Kai Schulz »

Frank wrote:I plan to built a streettrailer for a DF 920. Has someone helpfull informations for me? :D
hello frank, in know a very well trailerbuilder in germany-delmenhorst
he build a trailer for my 920 touring in a well construction, for nice conditions.If you will contact him its www.wick-bootstrailer.de :D
Dietmar
Your Country: Germany, Rotenburg (W)

Post by Dietmar »

Kai Schulz wrote:
hello frank, in know a very well trailerbuilder in germany-delmenhorst
he build a trailer for my 920 touring in a well construction, for nice conditions.If you will contact him its www.wick-bootstrailer.de :D
Hello Kai,

I am in the same sailing club as your son (the OSV Bremen) and I am going to make a triple step beyond my current Neptun 22 - I will buy a DF 920 extreme from a nice guy in the Netherlands.
I like to ask you a question: would you mind to lend me your trailer next year during the season for a while as a copy model for Thomas Wick to build another trailer for me? If you can consider lending the trailer you can receive my contact info from your son - he knows my mobile number.

It would be great if we could have a chat about it.

Greetings, Dietmar