New Dragonfly 28 announced

For all those DF28 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below.
David Hyland
Your Country: UK, Salisbury

New Dragonfly 28 announced

Post by David Hyland »

Just seen a short announcement on the Quornings website about a new Dragonfly 28 to replace the DF920 with 5 births..... no drawings but prototype due for launch Spring 2009. Use link below:

http://www.dragonfly.dk/news-and-events ... onfly.aspx
Dave H

Ipe Piccardt Brouwer
Your Country: Netherlands, Winkel NH

Dragonfly 28

Post by Ipe Piccardt Brouwer »

28ft = 8.55m

Where will they fit those 5 berths!?
Ipe Piccardt Brouwer
DF920-28 'Ngalawa', Medemblik
David Hyland
Your Country: UK, Salisbury

DF28 - 5 berths?

Post by David Hyland »

I'm guessing but I suspect the layout may copy the DF35 with a double under the cockpit, galley to starboard and seating/single berth to port. The reduction in the overall length might be explained in part by the treatment of the rear-end if similar to the DF35.

I'd hope the DF28 still retains the attractive proportions of the 920.

Given the size the boat, I'm not sure whether the ability to reduce the overall width of the boat for trailering would be a major selling point. I'd be more interested in an integral bowsprit and additional headroom.

Certainly intrigued by the prospect.

Dave
Dave H

GeorgeM
Your Country: Sweden, Uppsala

Dragonfly 28

Post by GeorgeM »

Newly registered, so if I make any protocol mistakes please bare with me.

I have to say that I disagree about the trailability. As someone who wants to sail in both Scotland and Sweden, and who has a two day sail to get out from the lake I normally sail on to the baltic, an easily trailed tri that is big enough to cope with offshore conditions sounds like prefection.

To fold to 2.5m using swing wings, the central hull will have to be narrow. Too narrow for an interior similar to the 35. Unless the swing wings are substantially different to the other DF's, at sitting height the cabin wont be more than 1.6m in width and no more than 2m at shoulder height. I think the layout will be something like the 920, but with a quater berth under one of the cockpit seats opposite a small galley. I agree the cockpit will be further aft, like the 35. I think the heads will span the hull between the forepeak berth and the saloon.

Differences on deck I expect. 1. the aft safty struts will go in favour stays forward. 2. the mast will be sited further aft. 3. The bow sprit will be retracting, and perhaps most surprisingly 4. I think they will go for centre boards in the amas, like the trimax, rather than the central hull. I just don't see how a center hull narrower than 1.6m at sitting height could accomodate a keel box. The extra weight would be offset some by asymetric profiles for greater lift.

If the 28 is priced competitively, sub 920 touring prices, then I intend to be one of the first customers for such a craft.

George
Bo Wetzel
Site Admin
Your Country: France, Provence

DF28 trailability

Post by Bo Wetzel »

Maybe it will be the same "trailability" as the DF920. :twisted:

I think the whole design might be a modified version of the DF920.

If you chop off the "bathing platform" of the 920 you might get down to 28'.

Another thought: I've seen many boat numbers which diviated a lot from the actual length in feet by applying the rules (28 = 28') rather liberaly.

Maybe it's a all new revolutionary design. Computer and new technology makes a lot possible if you have got the right ideas.
What took years to do before can now be done in a fraction of the time. Let's hope for the best! :D

I suppose, all will be revealed soon.
Sailfast?
Your Country:

Post by Sailfast? »

They few details revealed so far seems quite interesting, and I look forward to more details.

I can't help thinking that something is wrong here. 5 berths and enclosed heads all point towards a more roomy Dragonfly (although most reports actually say the 28 is replacing the 800, not the 920). 2.55 meter folded width however indicates a narrow main hull and hence less room.

I don't see the big benefit of reduced folded width unless the boat is also very easy to tow, rig and launch. 1700/1800kgs boat weight is way too high for this purpose. Frequently trailering my 800SW I have to say removing the floats is only a very small part of the hassle.

If I was Quorning I would have designed the 28 as a slightly bigger and roomier version of the 800, while keeping it simple and hence equally light. A bit like a Quorning version of the Corsair 750, but with more room.
zacu
Your Country: Finland, Espoo

Dragonfly 28

Post by zacu »

On Quorning boats / Dragonfly website they have worded it in the lines of "finally cracking the code" for lesser trailerable width.

I have no inside knowledge and this is naturally all just speculation, to me this sounds like that they really might have some new development for the swing wing. Because they have done swing wings for ages, just have them fold back and maybe detach is not much of a code to crack.

For instance, the floats swing back as always, but are also easily folded under or above the main hull from there -- Would make trailerability better and faster. Possibly also more refined symbiosis with the custom trailer could be part of the solution.

Either way, I except the full ca. 2.50 width to be used by the main hull and thus it would be roomy enough for five berths. The obvious choice: twins at both ends and a single in the middle does not leave much room for separate bathroom, but I guess it could be fitted.

In theory, there is the option for separate bathroom is to be next to the entrance and a sigle bed accompanies on the other side. Then two separate beds as middle sofas and a twin in the peak, as usual. However, Df's traditionally have very narrow hull in the water line, and further you place something from the middle line (esp. bathroom) the more trouble you have keeping good standing height.

Either way, the headroom is likely increasing. Beds under the cockpit should mean raised cockpit floor and, without losing the visibility forward, allows to raise the main cabin roof.

Very interesting, can't wait to see the design. Perhaps I was all wrong here :-)
Bo Wetzel
Site Admin

The way to go

Post by Bo Wetzel »

I think zacu made a very good point here:
For instance, the floats swing back as always, but are also easily folded under or above the main hull from there -- Would make trailerability better and faster. Possibly also more refined symbiosis with the custom trailer could be part of the solution.
sirgawain
Your Country: Spain, Cadiz

Re: Dragonfly 28

Post by sirgawain »

GeorgeM wrote:
If the 28 is priced competitively, sub 920 touring prices, then I intend to be one of the first customers for such a craft.

George
As posted somewhere in the forum, if Quorning halves price of their boats, likely they would easily sell five times their current figures.

But Quorning seem to be happy remaining a niche product with premium pricing (notwithstanding their quality), as they have almost no (current), competition.

That will not be the case if and when big monohulls builders (bavaria, jeanneau....) start exploring folding tris, or current small cabin folding (day sailing or weekend)tri manufacturers (astus boats...) start building bigger sizes.

IMHO, a folding tri shouldnt cost more than 1.5-1.7 times than a same lenght, same quality monohull.

Although just registered, i´ve been following this forum for long, trailerable Tri is the boat that fills both my needs and my dreams, but at their current pricing, they are well beyond my intended budget.
Bo Wetzel
Site Admin

DF28 NEWS

Post by Bo Wetzel »

I've just received the following email:
Hallo Herr Wetzel.

In der Anlage freuen wir uns den neuen Dragonfly 28 endlich öffentlich präsentieren zu können. Ferner, haben wir ein paar 3D Zeichungen vom Neuentwurf beigefügt.

Würden Sie bitte dafür sorgen, es auf dem User Forum zu legen? Besten Dank im Voraus.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
QUORNING BOATS ApS

Camilla L. Rasmussen
Sekretärin
Phone + 45 75 56 26 26
Fax + 45 75 51 31 31
info@dragonfly.dk
www.dragonfly.dk
Here are this pics and announcement which I've got with above:

Announcement (in English): www.dragonfly-trimarans.org/DF28/DF28_eng.pdf

Announcement (in German): www.dragonfly-trimarans.org/DF28/DF28_ger.pdf

Please click on any of the photos to see them enlarged!

Image Image Image

As the announcement says: "... which can fold directly into a trailer beam of 2.55m."
Last edited by Bo Wetzel on Tue 14 Oct 08, 11:39, edited 1 time in total.
zacu

Dragonfly 28 Comments

Post by zacu »

Thank you Bo (and Quorning boats) for posting this. Very interesting -- who knows, could be my next boat.

Apparently I was too bold to think about folding the floats one axis more. Seemed like a logical solution -- maybe in some future developments, making it double swing wing :-)

Let's see: They have chosen another approach. The hull has "slots" for the akas. Unless I am mistaken, the interior plan shows the slots as grey areas on both sides. Now *assuming* that the lenght of the hull in the plan picture is 8.7 meters, we are able to do some measuring.

The width drawn here to the hull is 2.45 meters. It would leave only 5 cm additional room for the akas and the floats in folded position on both sides. This means that the akas fold in very deep. Based on the picture, indeed, the forward slot goes in about 30 cm in from the maximum hull width, making it pretty big step in. All Dragonflies have some sort of a stepped hull section, but this one is higher on the side than what we are accustomed to see (right under the upper hull piece).

Wonder how visible this is in the profile. Might spoil the elegancy a bit by adding all those extra creases to the sides. Remains to be seen in real life. At least we can agree that this is really a boat designed to be foldable.

Wonder if the table is lifted to the roof or folds under the starboard sofa. No mast is visible inside, so I assume the latter.

According to my interpretation, the portside sofa seems to have extra 30 cm foldable piece making it optional 80 cm wide bed.

I am curious if the gray box on the starboard side really chops off a piece from the rear bed. Perhaps it is just a structure above leaving the bed to be about 110-120 cm wide. What could it be? Water tank?

Does that look like a rectractable gennaker boom in the front? Black color in the mast and boom likely indicates carbon.

150 k price tag would make it expensive compared to 40' monohulls (as always). However, is still cheaper than, say, Df920 with plenty of extras and/or Extreme option.
Sailfast?
Your Country:

Post by Sailfast? »

I have very mixed feelings about this design. I really like the looks, I like the stepped bow and the space it creates in the forward bunk, I like the open transom and what it does for cockpit space.

BUT I somehow have the feeling that Quorning is trying to hard to design a boat that does everything, and the result is much too compromised:

Trailerability is apparently high on the priority list with the 2.55m folding width, but if I really wanted that kind of trailerability I would never go for a 1650kg boat and a 2200kgs gross trailer weight.

Cruising is priority too, with galley, enclosed heads and 5 berths but if I really wanted that much cruising interior in a 1650kgs boat I'd much rather see a 2,90 meter wide main hull with a lot more interior room and then accept that a permit was needed for the occasional (given the towing weight) trailering. Afaik a permit is easy to get in most countries.

And racing: well a racing version is available with carbon mast but at 1650 kgs? No thanks.

It appears to me the Dragonfly 28 is designed to go heads on with the Corsair 28, but I am sorry to say that imho the Corsair solves the problem in a much better package. Better trailerability, better cruising interior with the aft cabin and rather clever enclosed heads, and better racing ability given the some 400 kgs lighter weight.

Bottom line: I think I'll keep my Dragonfly 800 despite the good looks of the Dragonfly 28.
zacu

Dragonfly 28 Comments

Post by zacu »

This is naturally the raw undetailed design, not an illustration with all the extra gloss. Imagining the real deal with all the things in place, like pretty hull color, pulpits, sails, rigging etc, it will definitely be a nice package. When Df35 concepts came, it also looked a bit drafty at first.

When thinking about it, the bit questionable creases on the sides are invisible during sailing, as the net on the akas and the floats themselves will cover them. When folded, the akas will fit to their slots and probably look rather, well, fitting.

Btw. I like the open cockpit design, looks roomy and nice. Wonder how the tent system will work. Df35 had it as a part of the design early on, this does not seem to have any "targa" beam. However, there is that shape on the cabin roof, so likely there is one.
sirgawain
Your Country: Spain, Cadiz

Post by sirgawain »

Anyone daring to make a comparison Df28/ 920, with the (scarce) DF28 details released by quorning?

and what about a wishlist for the 28? From what i ve read here, Quorning doesnt seem very reactive to customers/prospective customers demands, but , who knows...

I´d start with

1. steering wheel option (dont know if its a good idea though for the 28 size).
2. Retractable bowsprit: if dimensions are to be contained for trailering, lenght is also a factor (and most marinas i know charge by LOA not LWL)
3. Deck fresh cold/hot shower.
4. stern retractable platform (see polish-built Tes 28 magnam for a nice design: http://www.tesyachteurope.com/links/fot ... asuri.html)
5. one man (winch helped) mast stepping and un-stepping. to be able to make it underway is a plus, for getting in rivers ans passing down bridges
Last edited by sirgawain on Fri 17 Oct 08, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
Mal
Your Country: Wales

New DF28

Post by Mal »

Open transom cockpit;- great for racing, maybe:- useless/dangerous for family sailing/cruising.

If it's going to therefore be a racing orientated boat, why have all the berths and extra weight of a cruiser? Simplify the inaards, make it lighter, and make it a replacement for the DF800

The light weight Carbon mast on my DF920 is fantastic at reducing the hobby-horsing that short multis usually experience. (I've had a few) Putting a heavier ali stick on a shorter boat is asking for the return of hobby-horsing? Make the Carbon stick standard.

I agree with earlier contributor who suggested that a DF920 replacement should have a wider, not narrower hull. DFs are brilliant for marina berthing, most would stick to a Farrier/Corsair for regular trailering.

One plea;- IMHO the winching float folding line system is too convoluted, with lots of sheaves, direction changes & friction built in. Winching floats in and out is knackering, and much harder work than the Farrier system. I love it that the DF keeps the float bottoms in the water, but in/out system needs simplifying?

Best wishes to Quornings for this new boat, but I see it as a bigger DF800, not a 920 replacement.
DF920 Pelican, Swansea
Sailfast?
Your Country:

Re: New DF28

Post by Sailfast? »

Mal wrote:Open transom cockpit;- great for racing, maybe:- useless/dangerous for family sailing/cruising.
That's what my wife said when we bought our first open-transom boat. It didn't take long for her to realize she was very wrong. Never had a single problem with it - only benefits. Obviously the kids loved it too, due to the proximity to water. Now they want me to cut the cockpit open on our DF800. Not a bad idea at all.
Oscar
Your Country: USA, North East

Post by Oscar »

And there is great safety in the cockpit being open. Getting swamped is a non event.
1990 Dragonfly 25 USA-54
Sailfast?
Your Country:

Post by Sailfast? »

Oscar wrote:And there is great safety in the cockpit being open.
Based upon my experience (as opposed to perception) there is neither more, nor less, safety in the cockpit being open. People, including small kids, do not fall into the water just because they can do it without stumpling over a cockpit coam.
Oscar wrote:Getting swamped is a non event.
Yes.
It is a very common perception that open transoms are subject to waves swamping the cockpit, but the fact is that it doesn't happen. Partly because the boat normally moves forward in waves, partly because the boat moves up and down with the waves.
Only once in 6 years did I ever get any water into the open transom although the transom was only 4 inches above the water line. That happened when being passed by a tanker with a huge bow wave. Caused 3 inches of water in the cockpit which was gone as quickly as it came. Absolutely a non-event.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

I've enjoyed an open stern in my previous unamaran. (Catalina42). Did some serious coastal sailing in it, with 35g40 and 15-20 footers being the highlight. Had a few mini tsunamis come down the side deck and enter the cockpit, and exit unhindered out the back.

Unfortunately the DF25 has an enclosed cockpit. I'll have to evaluate draining ability, and just may make some modifications to the back wall as I plan on playing in the deep end of the pool.... 8)
1990 Dragonfly 25 USA-54
Double Horizon
Your Country: USA

Post by Double Horizon »

Oscar wrote:And there is great safety in the cockpit being open. Getting swamped is a non event.
Agree, provided of course the lowest point of the companionway hatch is high enough to keep a flooded cockpit from draining into the cabin. But that's more of a concern with a closed-stern cockpit than an open one.
Larry - Former Owner DF-1200
GeorgeM

Post by GeorgeM »

Well I got it just about right aside from two points and one still to play for.

1.The aft berth is under the cockpit, not opposite the galley, which i have to say looks like the better solution.

2.They have managed to carry full 2.45 m width at shoulder hieght by cleverly having the akas fold under the top hull flaring, again an improvement on what I envisaged.

THe point still to play for is where have they put the center board(s). It looks like they have raised the seating, so perhaps its to be a slim blade under the saloon floor? Or perhaps its to be asymetric boards in the amas? The saloon looks too slim for anything else but I might be surprised. I wonder if the berths in the saloon will make use of the greater width at shoulder height, using fold up seat backs and extending out over the aka slots.

I have to say I love the design! Its great. I'm buying one. It does everything you could want a boat to do and more. I love the open cockpit, The galley and heads look big enough for a 35ft monohull in terms of useable area (though they divide the cabin). The forward berth looks glorious, and the aft berth looks big enough to take 2 reasonably well. With the starboard saloon seat made down into a wide single (circa 75cm wide) that will give 5 comfortable berths without everyone climbing over everyone else.

For family sailing with two small kids you wont even have to bed down the saloon :D .

I agree about the spars, carbon is the only way to go.

Best of all is the price, those prices are inc VAT, that puts the racing model at sub 920 touring prices.

As to towing wieght. If you are buying a yacht worth 150000 euros you can afford to go onto the secondhand market for an old diesel burning 4x4 SUV for 5000-10000 euros to tow it (most of those will pull 2.5t). Even if that's all you use that car for (and being an environmentalist that is nearly all I would use it for) its such a small fraction of the boats cost its not really worth quibbling over. Even once you add the extra insurance, tax and maintanence, your still only adding say 1000 euros to the cost of boat ownership a year.

George
GeorgeM

Post by GeorgeM »

On the subject of towing the DF28 for not too much wedge here's my thoughts.

To give some leeway for the DF28 not being in lightship format, the car needs to be able to tow at least 2.5 tons, and 4WD would be essential for launching and recovery. Towing at speed over distance, diesels are to be preferred as they have max torque at more economic revs. Most medium to large SUVS and pickups will so this job. Pickups are the cheaper option, both initially and to run, something like an L200 you can get for a fair bit under 10000 euros and will perform admirably, but they are not so useful as family cars. For those who need a car which retains some practicality for the everyday a SUV is better. It can replace a car already owned thereby offsetting some of the cost.

The most cost effective thing to do will depend on your situation. Our situation is that we are a one car 2+2 family that drives around 5000km a year, 90% of which is motorway driving. We miss a second car only when guests come to stay. The optimal solution given that we would want to tow a DF28 would be a medium sized SUV with 7 seats (thereby rectifying our one bug bear at being a one car family). As we use the car so little there is no point spending lots of money on it. The following can all be bought for around 12000 euros on the Swedish second market and they all fit our bill.

Nissan Pathfinder
Nissan Terrano
Mitsubishi Pajero
Landrover Discovery

None of these are cheap to run, with high tax, fuel, insurance and maintanence costs. But as we use our car so little, and drive motorways when we do, the fuel and maintanence is not so much of an issue.

Other people in other situations would make different choices, I'm sure, but hopefully I have convinced everyone that the consequences of trailer sailing a boat whose trailer wieght is over 2 tons are not too onerous. Sure it would be nice if it wieghed in at significantly less. But to do so it would either have to be built entirely of carbon, or it would have to less than it is. I for one am not prepared to pay a 50% premium for an all carbon tri, nor would I want a boat that was less of a competent family trailer sailer cruiser-racer than the DF28 is, or both. If you want to see the sacrifices needed to own a circa 30ft trailer sailer tri you could pull behind a standard car, check out the seacart trimaran. I just couldn't live with those sacrifices.

You can't have everything in this life, and I think the balance struck by this boat is probably about as good as we are ever going to get.

George
Sailfast?
Your Country:

Post by Sailfast? »

George,

We don't all live in Sweden. The prices you list would be very far from reality in my (and Quornings) home country, Denmark.

That being said there is so much more to trailerability than having a car that can tow the weight. Launching and retrieving smoothly, raising and lowering mast easily, unpacling/packing for the road etc. etc. Unless it can all be done in say 30 minutes it's really not any good. Anything above that would mean that it's not something you do for daysailing or a quick trip, but only occasional. And then 2-3 hours is really not a big problem.

Dragonfly's have never been very easy trailerable, but they offer other advantages. Getting a folding width of 2.55m doesn't really change the trailerability much, unless the rest of the package is equally well suited for trailering. At 1650kgs in my mind that's not the case. The Corsair 28 offers the same kind of cruising features at only 1265 kgs, so it's possible.

PS: I hate this forum format with the topics split into 50 different categories with only 3-4 (or none) topics each. No wonder this forum is lacking activity.
Bo Wetzel
Site Admin

Hate the forum format

Post by Bo Wetzel »

Well, there is somebody who really "appreciates" my efforts: :twisted:
PS: I hate this forum format with the topics split into 50 different categories with only 3-4 (or none) topics each. No wonder this forum is lacking activity.
GeorgeM

Post by GeorgeM »

The forum reminds me of one I used in 2005. I guess 3 years is a long time in computing but I find it fine to use.

Sailfast

The DF28 is listed as having 30-40min set up time that is good enough for me.

As to corsair 28 (C28) contra DF28, you are not really comparing like with like. The DF28 is a boat I would be comfortable family cruising for 2-3 weeks over a summer both offshore and coastal, the corsair just isn't. The corsairs advantages seem to be better light winds potential and easier trailability. However, neither of these is really that marked an advantage against the DF28. That boat will also shift in light winds and is also easy to trail, it just isn't as good on those points as the C28. The question is whether its redeeming qualities will out wiegh the C28's few advantages. Whether they do so or not depends one what your program is.

Consider trailering. with 150kg of clobber, fuel, water etc on board the C28 will be 1400kg if not more, the DF28 will be 1800kg. Instead of needing a car that pulls 2.5tons to be on the safe side you'll only need one that pulls 2 tons to be on the safe side if you go for the C28 as opposed to the DF28. That is still a Volvo XC70 D5 at the very least, if not a small SUV or pickup to pull the C28, as opposed to needing a medium sized SUV or pickup for the DF28. Is that such an advantage? Enough of an advantage to counter all the greater comfort, quality and all round ability of the DF28 compared to the C28? You might save 1-2 litres of diesel every 100 km, and a few hundred euros on tax and insurance, but surely that is small cost for better summer cruising with a DF28 with all your family or friends along for the ride?

I agree that the DF is no weekender contra the C28, but for me that is why it is so much better. A weekender is good if you have a garden to keep it in and marina/mooring fees are expensive, like in the UK. I live in a flat and mooring fees in Sweden for a 30ft boat are dirt cheap (typically 3-400 euros a year all in). Also a weekender, by its nature, wont be that great for long family cruises of 2-3 weeks and that is just what I want to do with this boat. For me the trailability just allows me to pick the choicest cruising grounds, get to the race meets, and allows me to extend my season by allowing me to pick the right time to lift out and set in, as opposed to having these dates dictated to me by the availability of the clubs crane.

Again different strokes for different folks. In Denmark mooring fees are probably higher. If you live in a villa, prefer inshore to offshore sailing and sail mostly with the boys at race meets, then a more easily towed, launched and recovered tri is probably more sensible and then the DF28 might not be for you. But if like me your looking for a cruiser racer, to be mostly kept in the water, for the dual purposes of round the cans racing and extended family cruising in exotic locations around scandanavia, then the DF28 is probably to be prefered.

George M
Sailfast?
Your Country:

Re: Hate the forum format

Post by Sailfast? »

Bo Wetzel wrote:Well, there is somebody who really "appreciates" my efforts: :twisted:
You have very obviously put in a huge effort, which is very much appreciated by a few, myself included. Don't think anything else.

That however doesn't mean I have to love everything - and I think it is really stupid to split the "few" posts into 30 (or whatever) different categories. Several categories have no posts at all after several years, and the general activity is very low. Need I say more?

Rant and hijack over.
Sailfast?
Your Country:

Post by Sailfast? »

GeorgeM wrote:As to corsair 28 (C28) contra DF28, you are not really comparing like with like. The DF28 is a boat I would be comfortable family cruising for 2-3 weeks over a summer both offshore and coastal, the corsair just isn't.
I beg to differ. The Corsair 28CC offers exactly the same cruising facilities as the DF28, in a similar sized package. I am sure some would argue that the aft cabin on the C28 is superior for cruising, compared to the below cockpit bunk on the DF28.
GeorgeM wrote:The corsairs advantages seem to be better light winds potential and easier trailability. However, neither of these is really that marked an advantage against the DF28.
If the easier trailerability isn't an advantage I wonder why Quorning has put 2.55m folding width so high on their priority. Actually that is my main issue with the DF28, because I believe they compromised the design in the process, without achieving real trailerability.

The 30-40 minutes launch time is guesswork from Quornings side since the boat doesn't exist yet. I don't believe it will be less than an hour, unless they have included a clever mast stepping procedure, too.

And I do believe the 400 kg difference do make a big difference. I have owned several trailerable boats including my present DF800 and the weight makes a very significant difference in everything you have to do with the boat. Car size and fuel consumption are very minor details.

So I guess it's all up to beliefs. Bottom line is that it's too early to call, until the boat is available. Time will tell.

Good luck with your DF28. I am happy for Quorning that they made somebody happy. In fact I never doubted that. It just ain't me.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Unless it can all be done in say 30 minutes it's really not any good.
I am in the process of modifying my DF25 to achieve fastest possible launch/recovery, AND be legal. (Modifications will be reported on a different (appropriate) forum.)

30 minutes is tough. 45 to an hour is more realistic. It takes a few times to get all your ducks in a row, and a few more to get it down to a science.

As far as pulling, a semi retired half ton Suburban pulls 7500 pounds, no problem there.
1990 Dragonfly 25 USA-54
Ipe Piccardt Brouwer
Your Country: Netherlands, Winkel NH

We'll know more in january !

Post by Ipe Piccardt Brouwer »

From dragonfly.dk :

World Premiere of Dragonfly 28
The new Dragonfly 28 will be ready for World Premiere at the Boot 2009 in Düsseldorf, Germany along with our Dragonfly 35. The boat show takes place 17 to 25 January 2009.
Ipe Piccardt Brouwer
DF920-28 'Ngalawa', Medemblik