DF 25 Trailering Modification.

including Amas (Floats), Akas (Beams) , Swing Wing system and all other hull related issues.
Oscar
Your Country: USA, North East

DF 25 Trailering Modification.

Post by Oscar »

So, we got Lady Kay home without any law enforcement interference. But 16" over the legal limit is a bit much, and the kicker is that it doesn't fit through the gate at home.

Here's the concept..... The next step is plywood templates. The beams disconnect from the hull with one easy pin each. A speed release kotter pin and it will be a fast operation.

1990 Dragonfly 25 USA-54
dragonfly88
Your Country: USA Portsmouth NH

Post by dragonfly88 »

Very clever.
tpaliwoda
Your Country: USA, Raritan YC, Perth Amboy, New Jersey

Post by tpaliwoda »

Sweet idea, but what are you going to do with the pivot end of the bracket when the ammas are in the "travel" position?
Also, give plenty of regard to how the boat is going to be launched and put back on the trailer. From my experience the trailer never sits level on the ramp, so the stern wants to raise, creating more friction on the bows.
Just my observation from experience.
Ted
Ted Paliwoda
D'Fly 1000 ; HN #1
Nice Tri
Raritan YC, Perth Amboy, NJ, USA
Oscar
Your Country: USA, North East

Post by Oscar »

Sweet idea, but what are you going to do with the pivot end of the bracket when the ammas are in the "travel" position?
"Ah yes!" (Image of John Cleese as he covers one eye and takes another look at Both Peaks of Kilimanjaro).....

The next step is a plywood "section" of the ama and some 2x4's to see if I can actually make it work....
1990 Dragonfly 25 USA-54