Lock - Companion Way Hatch

For all those DF800 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below.
Walter Siebold
Your Country: Houston, Texas

Lock - Companion Way Hatch

Post by Walter Siebold »

I need to replace the lock in the companion way hatch. My DF800 is a 1991 model.

Is there a nut on the inside? If so, how do you get to it. I call a locksmith and he was not able to remove it.

Installing a new lock will also be tricky, I am not sure if I will able to find a short lock here in the USA

Thanks,

Walter
DF800SW Nr. 194
Jacob Blom
Your Country: The Netherlands, Harlingen

Re: Lock - Companion Way Hatch

Post by Jacob Blom »

Walter Siebold wrote:I need to replace the lock in the companion way hatch. My DF800 is a 1991 model.

Is there a nut on the inside? If so, how do you get to it. I call a locksmith and he was not able to remove it.

Installing a new lock will also be tricky, I am not sure if I will able to find a short lock here in the USA

Thanks,

Walter
Walter,

I have done this job:

Order an original lock at your DF dealer;
Take out the lofting;
Use a Dremel, making a sufficient large, hole in te polyester under the lock;
Now you are able to change te lock;
Close te hole in the polyester, using the piece of laminate that came out, make it watertight, using resin and glassfiber.

Succes,

Jacob
Jacob Blom
Your Country: The Netherlands, Harlingen

Re: Lock - Companion Way Hatch

Post by Jacob Blom »

Jacob Blom wrote:
Walter Siebold wrote:I need to replace the lock in the companion way hatch. My DF800 is a 1991 model.

Thanks,

Walter
Walter,

I have done this job:

Order an original lock at your DF dealer;
Take out the lofting;
Use a Dremel, making a sufficient large, hole in te polyester under the lock;
Now you are able to change te lock;
Close te hole in the polyester, using the piece of laminate that came out, make it watertight, using resin and glassfiber.

Succes,

Jacob
Sorry, i forgot to mention:
You have to remove the sliding hatch by removing the sidestrips on the roofdeck. Unscrew them and try to cut the rubbercompound that sticks them to the polyester.

Jacob