HONDA 10

Motor, Motor Maintenance, Winches, Cooker, Heater, Fridge, Battery, Battery Charging, Shore Connection, Instruments, Autopilot, Anchor etc.
Mal
Your Country: Wales

HONDA 10

Post by Mal »

I presently have the original Yamaha 10 manual start, supplied as original equipment. Quornings now fit an electric start Honda 10, but I believe that the existing wooden pad on my 1998 boat might need modyfying to do this. Anybody know what the difference might be?

Also, has anyone fitted a power tilt version of the Honda 10 to their 920? Difficult to get hold of in Europe, but the dealers in the USA list them. The F boat website suggests that the mounting bracket size can sometimes be a problem. Anybody know?
DF920 Pelican, Swansea
Double Horizon
Your Country: USA

Honda 10

Post by Double Horizon »

My observation is that teh Honda 10 has a longer mounting bracket and the Df-920 mounting pad must be extended down past the hull-deck joint. That would require a fiberglass expert to do it properly, but it can be done.

I don't think it would be worth it to change to the Honda. You can still buy the Yamaha T9.9 HP in the US. http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/pr ... specs.aspx

You can also buy a bolt-on electric tilt for any engine, from a maker called CMC. http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product ... 21204&aID=
Larry - Former Owner DF-1200
Draken
Your Country: Sweden, Vaxholm

Honda 10 propeller

Post by Draken »

What propeller do you have, mine was fitted with a standard 4 blade aluminium 9 1/4 * 8. A fast calculation, 5500 rpm, 10% slip gives 14.4 knots. The result has been that my engine never gets more that 3000 rps and a lot of cavitation on the propeller. I had a hard time to get out of Helsinki in 12-14 m/s and waves - only 2 - 2,5 knots!!

I have now ordered a power thrust model from Honda catalogue 10*6 1/4 and with cupped blades.

Anyone with more experience??
buckle.roger
Your Country: spain,benissa/alicante

Re: Honda 10 propeller

Post by buckle.roger »

Draken wrote:What propeller do you have, mine was fitted with a standard 4 blade aluminium 9 1/4 * 8. A fast calculation, 5500 rpm, 10% slip gives 14.4 knots. The result has been that my engine never gets more that 3000 rps and a lot of cavitation on the propeller. I had a hard time to get out of Helsinki in 12-14 m/s and waves - only 2 - 2,5 knots!!

I have now ordered a power thrust model from Honda catalogue 10*6 1/4 and with cupped blades.

Last edited by buckle.roger on Thu 19 Jun 08, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.
buckle.roger

honda 9.9 propeler

Post by buckle.roger »

What results have you got from your new high thrust 10 6 1/4 propeler on your 920
buckle.roger

Post by buckle.roger »

Draken wrote:What propeller do you have, mine was fitted with a standard 4 blade aluminium 9 1/4 * 8. A fast calculation, 5500 rpm, 10% slip gives 14.4 knots. The result has been that my engine never gets more that 3000 rps and a lot of cavitation on the propeller. I had a hard time to get out of Helsinki in 12-14 m/s and waves - only 2 - 2,5 knots!!

Hi I would like to know how your new propeler performs, is it the correct size for the honda 10 hp
buckle.roger

Post by buckle.roger »

Can you give me the outcome of your new prop, is it the right one as I have the same problem, I have no idea why people put engines on a boat with the wrong prop on it, but there you go, its life
buckle.roger

prop size for a 920 wirg honda 10 hp

Post by buckle.roger »

Can some one please let me know what is the correct size of propeler for the 920 with honda 10 hp, the standard is totaly over sized