Fixed beams-swingwingsystem

including Amas (Floats), Akas (Beams) , Swing Wing system and all other hull related issues.
erik de boer
Your Country: Holland, Makkinga

Fixed beams-swingwingsystem

Post by erik de boer »

Can you change a DF800 MkIII (±1989) into a DF with swing wing system? The beams are almost alike the SW, only the ama's are not turnable! It seems to me that the newer SW's have a turningpoint construction under the ama-deck. Who can tell me?
mbimbad
Your Country: Israel, Ashdod-marina

Post by mbimbad »

I have just bought a DF800 MkII (1988) Who can help me change into a DF with swing wing system?
I need details of how to rig the swing wing system.
And don´t know exactly, how to fix the control-lines of the swing-wing-system (inside the akas and at the main-hull). Can anybody give me help, drawing and description of it?
Thanks, Mark.
~mAx~
vadoavela
Your Country: Italy, Florence

Post by vadoavela »

Hey, have you find any solutions to your problem? I'd like to buy a 800 and try to buil a swing-wing-system. Do you know if anyone before had ever secceded in such a enterprise? :P
Thanks.
Tommaso - Italy
mbimbad wrote:I have just bought a DF800 MkII (1988) Who can help me change into a DF with swing wing system?
I need details of how to rig the swing wing system.
And don´t know exactly, how to fix the control-lines of the swing-wing-system (inside the akas and at the main-hull). Can anybody give me help, drawing and description of it?
Thanks, Mark.
mbimbad
Your Country: Israel, Ashdod-marina

mbimbad

Post by mbimbad »

Buon giorno vadoavela!
We do not know who find any solutions to something this problem.
We have several ideas (mechanisms), who now want to verify.
And now constructing.
I have not received assistance from QUORNING BOATS ApS.
His letter:
QUORNING wrote: Dear Mr Bimbad,

We cannot recommend changing a fix wing into a Swing Wing, so we will not assist you in this process. Sorry. It is both better and cheaper for you to buy an older second-hand DF 800 Swing Wing.

With kind regards,
QUORNING BOATS ApS

Jens Quorning
Phone + 45 75 56 26 26
Fax + 45 75 51 31 31
info@dragonfly.dk
www.dragonfly.dk
Nevertheless we are trying to develop a design and build SW-system on base available to us outriggers parts.
Offer unite our efforts and thoughts.

Mark
vadoavela wrote:Hey, have you find any solutions to your problem? I'd like to buy a 800 and try to buil a swing-wing-system. Do you know if anyone before had ever secceded in such a enterprise? :P
Thanks.
Tommaso - Italy
~mAx~