Oval holes in saftey struts from heavey weather sailing

including Amas (Floats), Akas (Beams) , Swing Wing system and all other hull related issues.
buckle.roger
Your Country: spain,benissa/alicante

Oval holes in saftey struts from heavey weather sailing

Post by buckle.roger »

It seems to me that this is the forum for this subject to continue, it is funamental to all Df.s and i am suprised as a new Df owner that the issue is not clearly undersood by many people, So please once again can the factory please get involved and anwser the questions please,

As a new owner please dont laugh but is seems to me that as the jammers always slip about 2 or 3 CMs when closeing as you take the strain of the winch it is therefore impossible to ever get tension on the outhaul esecaily as the line is specra with no give it it.

Can we increase the purchse in the arms by adding double blocks to increase purchase?

Can the factory supply uprated saftey struts that wont get oval holes, even adjustable ones to put tension on the back of the rear arm to hold it possatively in possition ?

As an alternative to the extra line from bow to outer end of forward arm is it ok to put when needed a line from the INner end of forward arm , lifting point, to the outer end of the aft are and tension via the winch, this can be done at sea if the sea picks up and the extra suport is required on the leward float, does this raise any problems?