Dry stowage (dry marina) and ramp launching.

For all those DF920 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below.
sirgawain
Your Country: Spain, Cadiz

Dry stowage (dry marina) and ramp launching.

Post by sirgawain »

With long waiting list for marina slip, and high prices, one option if i finally bite the bullet for a df, would be keeping it dry, and launching via trolley and ramp.
do you consider that a suitable maneuver for daily launching and retrieving?
I mean just folding/unfolding, launching and retrieving and towing 25mts into storage spot., not dismasting nor disengaging akas/amas.

BTW: are there any pics anywhere in the internet with the process of preparing the boat for trailering? this time i mean mounting and dismounting. Just to asess if this could be routinely made twice a year by my family and myself, to reach other sailing areas by road, or i would have to limit my sailing area into places i can reach by sailing the DF

Best regards
Double Horizon
Your Country: USA

Re: Dry stowage (dry marina) and ramp launching.

Post by Double Horizon »

sirgawain wrote: do you consider that a suitable maneuver for daily launching and retrieving?
I mean just folding/unfolding, launching and retrieving and towing 25mts into storage spot., not dismasting nor disengaging akas/amas.
I would not want to do it daily, but it could be done. If you are properly equipped and have crew who know the procedure you could haul it in less than a half-hour, each time (perhaps 15-minutes) with a proper trailer.

One more consideration: If you are going to store the boat on the trailer with mast-up, you should attach a halyard to a solid ground anchor point or very heavy object on each side of the boat (using spinnaker halyard and main halyard). This will protect the boat from cross-winds in storm conditions.
Larry - Former Owner DF-1200
sirgawain
Your Country: Spain, Cadiz

Re: Dry stowage (dry marina) and ramp launching.

Post by sirgawain »

Double Horizon wrote:I would not want to do it daily, but ...
Daily? not even me! just saturdays n sundays!

Jokes aside, many thanks for your insight, Larry!