hello all dragonflyers

For issues which concern all or several type of DFs and which DO NOT fit into any category below!
benhur
Your Country: Spain, Barcelona

hello all dragonflyers

Post by benhur »

Hi
i m impressed whit the standards of the dragonfly boats for the moment i have a puma 34, (20 hours with good conditions and helped by the engine barcelona mayorca its so slowwww but its suposed to be ok for a monohull) my licence limits me to 12 nm from coast but im taking the full lincence this year and i would like to go to greece and later to cross the ocean and back (or stay there for ever jejeje)
initialy we are only 2 (my girl and I ocasionaly some friends) in a not so far future kids, so i think that the df 35 is good but for ocean and long hollydays, is it good enougth???
I like race boats but the race boats are not up to my needs I need a boat to cruise fast and acceptably confortable and liveable, so i think the "tris" are my perfect boat
what are the good things and bad from this type of boat (I see only wonders jejjee...)
I realy would be gratefull to read your coments
is the df my boat???
tpaliwoda
Your Country: USA, Raritan YC, Perth Amboy, New Jersey

Post by tpaliwoda »

First off, welcome to the forum! There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum that are more than eager to help you.
Some of us have been D'fly owners for over 10 years.
My initial recommendation is to look for a used 1000. This will get you into a D'fly with offshore capabilities for not a lot of money. The cruising version of the 1000 is an easy boat to sail, and very comfortable.
If you like this, you can always sell it for close to what you paid for and upgrade to the 35.
Again welcome aboard!
Ted
Ted Paliwoda
D'Fly 1000 ; HN #1
Nice Tri
Raritan YC, Perth Amboy, NJ, USA
Double Horizon
Your Country: USA

Post by Double Horizon »

As someone who has owned the 920, 1000 and now the 1200, I would recommend the 1200 for your stated needs. You should be able to find a used 1200 for about the same price (or less) than a new 35 and it will give you a lot more room and comfort. The aft cabin comes in several configurations and you will find the two-berth configuration better for a family cruising situation.

The 35 is a faster boat than the 1200, but the 1200 is still a good performer and you will be more than happy with it. It is also stronger than the earlier models and better for offshore sailing. Good luck and enjoy your search.
Larry - Former Owner DF-1200
buckle.roger
Your Country: spain,benissa/alicante

Post by buckle.roger »

Hi

If you have never sailed a tri i have a 920 in Calpe, one hour south of Valencia if you would like to come and have a sail just contact me.

good luck

roger
Oscar
Your Country: USA, North East

Post by Oscar »

Welcome from the US.....
1990 Dragonfly 25 USA-54
benhur

Post by benhur »

hi again
thx to all and sry 4 not answering bfore the crisis in spain has taken me away the idea of getting any boat now im back on track i've seen some df 1000 '94 and so at a aceptable prize is she a good boat?? some ideas plss.... cuzz i saw one which is realy tempting and now i've sold my boat so i can...

thx in advance and sorry again
benhur

Post by benhur »

buckle.roger wrote:Hi

If you have never sailed a tri i have a 920 in Calpe, one hour south of Valencia if you would like to come and have a sail just contact me.

good luck

roger
let me know when you are around i live in barcelona
buckle.roger
Your Country: spain,benissa/alicante

Post by buckle.roger »

Hi

I live in Benissa full time and the boat is in Calpe

so if you woyuld like a sail contactme on email

buckle.roger@gmail.com

Good sailing