DF 25 Trailering Modification, part II

including Amas (Floats), Akas (Beams) , Swing Wing system and all other hull related issues.
Oscar
Your Country: USA, North East

DF 25 Trailering Modification, part II

Post by Oscar »

OK, I'm making progress......the thing is getting street legal, and I can set ip up in a reasonable time by myself. Paint is next. If you have 8-9 extra minutes you can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDhvichUIyA
1990 Dragonfly 25 USA-54
Anders B
Your Country: Denmark, Aarhus

Post by Anders B »

very nice trailer setup you have done. I have the original qourning trailer for my df800 sw, but you have to be two persons to put the floats on.
Can You also launch the boat directly from the trailer, or do you have to use a crane for that ?
best regards
Anders Brandt
DF 25 Smultronbris
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

It will launch/recover directly from/to the trailer. First mount the beams, then raise the mast. I will make a video of the mast raising system too.
1990 Dragonfly 25 USA-54
Anders B
Your Country: Denmark, Aarhus

Post by Anders B »

Yes, we also raise the mast before launching using the system with two small poles in each float - working perfectly, but I am always a little bit carefull the first meters of the raise, if something breakes...
Anders Brandt
DF 25 Smultronbris
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

using the system with two small poles in each float - working perfectly
I've seen pictures of that. Not detailed enough to duplicate though. Have other plans..... May have posted this here , but anyway, it looks like this:

1990 Dragonfly 25 USA-54
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

BTW, I visit Copenhagen once in a while (pilot), really enjoy the country. Even had the pleasure of bringing in your Crown Prince Frederik.

Flying west in the morning over your part is absolutely beautiful. Reminds me of Holland where I grew up. Would love to visit Frederica some time.
1990 Dragonfly 25 USA-54
James Tower
Your Country: Canada, Calgary

Post by James Tower »

Hi Oscar,
Nice trailer set up! Do you think this same sort of set up could be used on a DF1000? I have seen a DF1000 for sale I would like to buy and comes with its shipping cradle, but I would like to get something like what you have set up. Not sure it can be done though?
Steve B.
Your Country: USA, Whidbey Island WA

DF 1000 mast

Post by Steve B. »

I have a DF 1000.
The mast is too big to raise yourself. You need a crane.
Overall weight of the boat and mast is probably low enough to tow it with a truck or big SUV.