replacing trampoline rigging?

including Amas (Floats), Akas (Beams) , Swing Wing system and all other hull related issues.
dsg_c1
Your Country: united states snohomish, wa

replacing trampoline rigging?

Post by dsg_c1 »

does anyone have experience with replacing the wiring rigging for the tramps of a 1200 with dynema? i guess the other option is to see if dragonfly sells replacement trampolines and all the rigging that comes with it? i would like to replace with dynema if i could - just wondering what you all thought.
thanks,
d
d

DF1200 GAVITRON
Steve B.
Your Country: USA, Whidbey Island WA

Re: replacing trampoline rigging?

Post by Steve B. »

dsg_c1 wrote:does anyone have experience with replacing the wiring rigging for the tramps of a 1200 with dynema? i guess the other option is to see if dragonfly sells replacement trampolines and all the rigging that comes with it? i would like to replace with dynema if i could - just wondering what you all thought.
thanks,
d
Years ago, I replaced our DF1000 net wiring with Dyneema. Easy process.
Pull out the old, slide in the new. I thought about using the wire to pull the new stuff through, but instead I used a piece of stiff baling wire to feed through and pull the new dyneema in place. Several years later, we replaced the nets.
Purchased the new nets from https://multihullnets.com/
The new nets took quite a while to stretch out. We retied and retied and retied, but they are finally a good fit. We chose a more open weave than original.

Hello from Whidbey
dsg_c1

Post by dsg_c1 »

steve,
any problems with small amounts of stretch with the dynema? i talked to a rigger the other day and he suggested wire, just due to the fact that he has had stretch with dynema and then it became a pain to try and re-splice. he asked me if i have ever walked on a trimaran with dynema supported tramps, he basically wasn't a fan.
you are on whidbey island - great a local dragonfly owner. anyway i could take a look at your tramps?
thanks,
d

c 206.353.1844
d

DF1200 GAVITRON
Steve B.
Your Country: USA, Whidbey Island WA

Post by Steve B. »

I left a message on your phone.

Come on over.

Steve
dsg_c1

Post by dsg_c1 »

thanks steve,
got the message - just listened to it.
yes, i would love to take a look at what you did. the rigger i talked to is trying to discourage me from using dyneema, but i haven't heard any bad from those that have used it to replace the cables.
i'll call you soon - maybe this weekend!!!
take care,
d
d

DF1200 GAVITRON