Gennaker/asymetric

Mast, Boom, Standing and Running Rigging, Furler System, Reefing, Barberhauler, Lazyjack etc
choppy
Your Country: south coast, UK

Gennaker/asymetric

Post by choppy »

I plan to fit a bowsprit & downwind sail smaller than standard spinnaker & was thinking 48 SqM sounded about right- Anyone have the luff & other dimms for DF 800 cruising ?

Any thoughts & experience on size/cut of sail relative to wind speed & angle gratefully received.

Thanks as ever -
Ken
Your Country: Australia, Bunbury WA

Re: Gennaker/asymetric

Post by Ken »

I have a 800 MkII and would also like to fit a bowsprit and assymetrical and a screacher and would like to get all the dimensions too. Pictures of bowsprit set ups would also be very interesting too.
choppy wrote:I plan to fit a bowsprit & downwind sail smaller than standard spinnaker & was thinking 48 SqM sounded about right- Anyone have the luff & other dimms for DF 800 cruising ?

Any thoughts & experience on size/cut of sail relative to wind speed & angle gratefully received.

Thanks as ever -
DF800 MkII Vamos
Oscar
Your Country: USA, North East

Post by Oscar »

LKIV came with a sprit, and it is approximately 5'3"/160cm. I won't have any other dimensions or pics untill I rig it. I do know that it has a dolphin stay down, a roller furling sail up, and two lines that run via blocks on the ama's to cleats in the cockpit to allow lateral adjustment. The tube is 4-5" aluminum tube, attachment to the bow appears to be a simple spinnaker pole end with a pad eye on a wooden block attached to the foredeck. Imagine a shorty spinnaker pole mounted to the bow.....
1990 Dragonfly 25 USA-54