osmose

including Amas (Floats), Akas (Beams) , Swing Wing system and all other hull related issues.
solei
Your Country: Netherlands

osmose

Post by solei »

Hi, I have an older DF800 fixed beam and found that I have a light form of osmoses on my main hull. Does someone know how I can treat my hull to prevent it from getting worse or repair it? Thanks for the reactions, regards Solei
JvG
Your Country: Netherlands enschede

Post by JvG »

I had a osmose problem, I drilled more than 15 holes in the hull and let it dry for a whole winter season but I have the advantage that I can store my DF 800 in a warm place I repeat this now for 3 years and it is getting less and less.
as a coating I use a Heavy duty epoxy paint this paint should give me a strong layer.
jorrit schouten
solei
Your Country: Netherlands

Post by solei »

Hi Jorrit,

Thanks for your reply as the comments I had so far where not very optimistic. It seems very difficult to treat Osmose when you have a sandwich hull. How big where your wholes and why do you have to repeat it every winter?
Again thanks for charing the information.
Solei
sadek
Your Country: england, brighton

moist in the hull

Post by sadek »

I have just paid for two surveys on two different dragonfly 800. The first was built in 1994, and the second in 1992. Both had very high moisture in the core, and was advised not to buy. Is that just my bad luck, or have I had an over zealous surveyor? Can anyone tell me what is the moister reading which would be negligible in the main hull. Thanks