Tender for DF35

For all those DF35 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below.
David Stiles
Your Country: Australia, Sydney

Tender for DF35

Post by David Stiles »

Hi
We will have the first DF35 in Australia soon. I am interested in other owners experiences of handling, storage of inflatable tenders on board a DF35. What size/type is practical on this boat?
Thanks
Tim Wilson
Your Country: UK, Southampton

Tender for DF35

Post by Tim Wilson »

I have a Plastimo Light P240 which is easy to store deflated in the outriggers through the deck hatch. It weighs only 19kg. I do not have the optional aft hatches
David Stiles
Your Country: Australia, Sydney

Tender for DF35

Post by David Stiles »

Hi Tim, Thanks for your reply. It looks like you have a slat floor model which I guess is quick and easy. I was thinking of something around 2.7m with air floor but maybe I need to think again.
Double Horizon
Your Country: USA

Re: Tender for DF35

Post by Double Horizon »

David Stiles wrote:Hi Tim, Thanks for your reply. It looks like you have a slat floor model which I guess is quick and easy. I was thinking of something around 2.7m with air floor but maybe I need to think again.
You can take any inflatable tender on the nets, if coastal, just invert it so it doesn't catch water and tie it well. It's too much trouble to inflate/deflate in every port. If going offshore you may wish to use an air floor or roll-up model to stow in the ama. Just keep in mind it can be difficult pulling a heavy large rolled dinghy up through the hatch.
Larry - Former Owner DF-1200