water inside the lokers on left side.

For all those DF920 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below.
roby
Your Country: italy, brescia, garda lake

water inside the lokers on left side.

Post by roby »

I found the lockers on the left containing water. From the the bathroom to stern on left side there is water. The others are completely dry
The previus owner checked everything, but he did not find ways to infiltrate. The water comes in with plenty of rain or hard upwind.
Does anyone have an idea ?
thanks roby
Double Horizon
Your Country: USA

Re: water inside the lockers on left side.

Post by Double Horizon »

roby wrote:I found the lockers on the left containing water. From the the bathroom to stern on left side there is water. The others are completely dry
The previus owner checked everything, but he did not find ways to infiltrate. The water comes in with plenty of rain or hard upwind.
Does anyone have an idea ?
thanks roby
Your statement "the bathroom to stern" is confusing.... of course there is a cockpit in-between. If you meant "the bathroom extending aft" then you are referring to the space beneath the main cabin settee (seat).

Check the seal for the windows. That's likely your problem. You can just try screwing the aluminum frames a little tighter, or you might need to remove and re-seal.

If you need to re-seal use butyl rubber sealant. It will last as long as any other, but it will stay soft and allow future disassembly without damage to frames.
Larry - Former Owner DF-1200
roby

Post by roby »

sorry for my english .. yes i mean the small cabinet you have onthe left side the long one you have in the main cabin, and the small that you have in the bothroom. I find the water inside not over.
The previus owner did the work on the windows. but there is still water.
Double Horizon
Your Country: USA

Post by Double Horizon »

roby wrote:sorry for my english .. yes i mean the small cabinet you have onthe left side the long one you have in the main cabin, and the small that you have in the bothroom. I find the water inside not over.
The previus owner did the work on the windows. but there is still water.
Maybe you should have a helper spray the boat with a hose to see if you can observe leaking from inside.

On the 920 there is nothing else to leak above that space. The cabinet above the interior seat and behind the bathroom sink is inside the space created by the side deck (between the cabin windows and aluminum netting attachment channel) and there are no fittings there (that could leak).

The only other possibility is the genoa lead car track, up higher on the cabin. You would need to remove the cabin roof liner to see what is the situation up there. The little white plastic buttons are just screw covers, you can pop them off to reveal the screws that attach the ceiling.

I suspect the prior owner did not do a good job, and you should try sealing the windows again.
Last edited by Double Horizon on Mon 17 May 10, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
Larry - Former Owner DF-1200
roby

Post by roby »

i'll do thank you very much
Mal
Your Country: Wales

Water in Lockers

Post by Mal »

My 920 had water in those under-window lockers both sides. Removing the windows and frames, then re-sealing fixed the leaks.

Mal
DF920 Pelican, Swansea
roby

Post by roby »

OK THE PROBLEM WAS THE WINDOWS. ONE HAS MORE THAN 3 CM FROM THE METAL AND THE FIBER GLASS OF THE BOAT. THE HOLE WAS TOO BIG

Please click on the photo to see it enlarged!