Can a 28 DragonFly do this?

For issues which concern all or several type of DFs and which DO NOT fit into any category below!
beautygab
Your Country: SWEDEN, Stockholm

Can a 28 DragonFly do this?

Post by beautygab »

tpaliwoda
Your Country: USA, Raritan YC, Perth Amboy, New Jersey

Post by tpaliwoda »

In a short answer - yes! It can do 20 knots.

Can you overnight comfortably on a SeaKart -NO!

Does a SeaKart fold back so you can fit into a standard slip - NO!

You are not comparing similar boats.

If you want to extol the benefits of the SeaKart this is not the place for it.

We all know it is a fast boat and will make a great toy.
Ted Paliwoda
D'Fly 1000 ; HN #1
Nice Tri
Raritan YC, Perth Amboy, NJ, USA
Steve B.
Your Country: USA, Whidbey Island WA

Where's all the gear?

Post by Steve B. »

I've sailed our DF 1000 over 17 knots with a full load consisting of a month's food, fuel, wine, full sized sewing machine, wife, two cats with all their foot and cat litter (do you have any idea of the weight of a month's worth of cat litter?) watermaker, furnace, inverter radar, chartplotter etc etc.

I don't see any of that in the above daysailer.

Steve B.
Mario
Your Country: Denmark, Copenhagen

Post by Mario »

Steve! I like it: sewing machine and wife…, Yea, I don’t see () wife on seacart either!
DF 28 can also take sewing machine and very comfortably full sized wife..., but it can much more: it can complete FynCup regatta in very heavy weather, while Seacart 30, Extreme 40, Tri40 Carbon 3, Seaon 96, Corsair F28CC, and all other not-Dragonfly multihulls DNF’ed. In a fact only Dragonflies finished this year FynCup and the fastest was Jens on his Dragonfire. (www.Fyncup.dk unfortunately only in Danish). DF 28 won also this year Watski 2 STAR over superlight speed machine Tri40 Carbon3.
But if sbd is interested in speed daysailers so I am pretty sure that hydrofoils and perspective design tri’s by Philippe Roulin are faster than seacart.
beautygab
Your Country: SWEDEN, Stockholm

Post by beautygab »

Thanks for the prompt answers. From what I understand the filmed Seacart is a bit of an extreme. Anyway, Mario..do you have any good links to Philippe Roulins trimarans. It would be interesting to see what you compare,..I end up on an industrial design page..it appears.
Mario
Your Country: Denmark, Copenhagen

Post by Mario »

Extreme? No, no, you misunderstood.