Mast wiring

Motor, Motor Maintenance, Winches, Cooker, Heater, Fridge, Battery, Battery Charging, Shore Connection, Instruments, Autopilot, Anchor etc.
sjschweitzer815
Your Country: USA, Racine, WI

Mast wiring

Post by sjschweitzer815 »

Ahoy! The anchor/motor light at the masthead of my 920 does not work. The light and fixture are both good. I have continuity in the two wires running up the mast from the male plug. I have 12v at the female receptacle. There are 3wires leading to the female receptacle: a red, white and black wires. Ther are three pins used in the male plug, but only two wires at the mathead. The schematic shows only two wires. Can anyone shed some light :wink: on this?
Double Horizon
Your Country: USA

Post by Double Horizon »

Is the steaming light on the same connector? That would explain the third wire (common ground)
Larry - Former Owner DF-1200
sjschweitzer815
Your Country: USA, Racine, WI

Post by sjschweitzer815 »

T.he mast head light acts as both a steaming and anchor light. The stern light switch is electrically linked to the anchor/steaming light so that if "nav lights" are on, and the "steaming/anchor" light switch is turned on, the stern light turns off. (leaving only one white light visible from behind. The wire to the stern light is shown as white in the schematic. I can't imagine why that wire would run to the mast, where it ultimately goes in the mast since only two wires make it to the mast, and how it might effect the light function.