DF920 refrigerator

Motor, Motor Maintenance, Winches, Cooker, Heater, Fridge, Battery, Battery Charging, Shore Connection, Instruments, Autopilot, Anchor etc.
Mal
Your Country: Wales

DF920 refrigerator

Post by Mal »

The Vibocold F35 refrigerator in my 1998 DF920 is kaput. Vibocold no longer make this model, and the replacment CF35 is too high to fit in the drawer under the cockpit sole.

Vibocold might have one damaged f35left in stock;- they are checking, but if not, any ideas for a refrigerator that will fit? All the ones I've been looking at online are too high.
DF920 Pelican, Swansea
Mal
Your Country: Wales

DF920 Refrigerator

Post by Mal »

To answer my own question;- can't find an alternative refrigerator. Vibocold still have one, and are very helpful, but by the time I add on VAT, carriage, and customs handling charges, price comes out at around £600;- ridiculous money for a little fridge!

Have instead used some Kingspan foil faced 50mm insulation to line the under cockpit drawer, and glued to it white sheet plastic that is food-safe. Topped off the body with white upvc angle, and made a split lid similar to the Vibocold ones.

Purchased an Isotherm compressor/flat evaporator kit (GE80 I think), and am in the process of fitting that. Hope to finish it off in next few days.

Final cost will be around £400, but has taken a lot of labour!
Christian
Your Country: Sweden, Nacka

Where to put the fridge?

Post by Christian »

Going to install a fridge, used to have the fridge in the drawer in my old DF800. Is there any other place to put a fridge?
The cockpit storage is large enough - but having food there seems awkward. The drawer seems to be the natural answer.

Been looking at a Isotherm CR36, and planning to build a new drawer to hold the fridge. Is there any other solutions?