Parts for an obscure toilet

Motor, Motor Maintenance, Winches, Cooker, Heater, Fridge, Battery, Battery Charging, Shore Connection, Instruments, Autopilot, Anchor etc.
Callander
Your Country: Southampton

Parts for an obscure toilet

Post by Callander »

I have seen little information about the heads in a DF920 but having recently acquired this boat I need to refurb the toilet and can not find any markings on it let alone a manufacturer. Does anyone know anything about these? I did find a photo in the DF1000 but no information on it.
Image Please click on the photo to see it enlarged!
Double Horizon
Your Country: USA

Post by Double Horizon »

I don't recall the maker but I know they're out of production. That bowl is made of some kind of polymer that is very light weight. Anything else you get will have a china bowl and be much heavier. Try to find a replacement toilet that has the same 4-hole spacing and you can re-use the bowl.

Do NOT trash it! If you sell it make sure you receive a high price for the bowl because it's a "treasure".
Larry - Former Owner DF-1200
Callander
Your Country: Southampton

Post by Callander »

Thanks - such a great working toilet too - never used one this simple but needs overhaul. Bowl is in great shape. Any suggestions for the lower half as a replacement that will fit in the limited space??
DF920 "Katja"
Bo Wetzel
Site Admin
Your Country: France, Provence

Post by Bo Wetzel »

I don't recall the maker but I know they're out of production. That bowl is made of some kind of polymer that is very light weight. Anything else you get will have a china bowl and be much heavier. Try to find a replacement toilet that has the same 4-hole spacing and you can re-use the bowl.

Do NOT trash it! If you sell it make sure you receive a high price for the bowl because it's a "treasure".
And by chance I've just found one of these "treasures" in my garage, slightly dusty but otherwise ok.

So, who wants to pay a "high price for" it? :wink: