Where are you going 2011

For all those DF28 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below.
aro
Your Country: Sweden, Limhamn

Where are you going 2011

Post by aro »

If we share ideas we might meet this summer...

SWE 14 have a few events planned for 2011, there may be more...

Fyrtornsrundan i öresund 1 - 2 juli from Lomma
Light wessel race, Skanör, agust - september
Watski 2 star Kategatt, Helsingör 19 - 20 august
Bröndby sailors cup 2 weekend i september
Anders
Mario
Your Country: Denmark, Copenhagen

Post by Mario »

join us in may at FynCup, in october at Mumms Cup.
CU in 2 star and Brøndby!
Mario
Mario

Post by Mario »

Anders, we missed you on 2STAR, what happened?
Mario
aro
Your Country: Sweden, Limhamn

Post by aro »

We did abandon racing. Could not get speed in that terrible wind. Have now learned that it is vital to reef genua too. Will do better next time.
Anders
pippo
Your Country: Netherlands, Haarlem/Italy, Milan

baltic summer cruise??

Post by pippo »

Dear baltic friends,
Without being equipped or able to race (yet!) I am not in position to join Aro's enticig competitive programmes around the Baltic.

However, this summer I still would like to trailer to the Danish and possibly Swedish waters from Holland, and would be very keen for advice.

Basically I would need "baltic cruise for dummies".

I have never sailed the Baltic and never been in Denmark (been in Stockholm a couple of times but I guess it is too far away for my short time) . I checked the Imray Cruising guide of Germany and Denmark by Brian Navin but still am not clear of which options to go for.

Do I start from Kiel (closest to Holland) or Flensburg or go trailering all the way up to the DF factory? Sail the Little belt or big Belt or all the way to Copenhagen (or get there by trian). Is it realistic to do in 2 weeks Kiel-some Danish islands. Copenhaguen, Swedish Coast, Bornholm and back to Kiel?

I would plan to do a 2 weeks cruise plus a couple of long week ends (starting from places well connected to an airport) before bringing the boat back to Holland with its trailer.

I understand the best season is beginning of July but schools and work probably oblige me to go toward the end of July beginning August if not later.

Lots of questions, any advice is very welcome and hopefully I'll be able to compensate the advice with a good bottle of Italian wine if and when I'll get there.
Ciao,
pippo
Christian
Your Country: Sweden, Nacka

Post by Christian »

Hi Pippo

It you get to swedish waters - get a copy of this book:
http://www.adlibris.com/se/product.aspx?isbn=9189564537
That is for the west coast (you have to learn swedish...)

But for the east coast:
http://www.adlibris.com/se/product.aspx?isbn=918956474X
It is a good guide to both comercial and natural harbors. I was suprised to find that there was an english edition.

And secondly: learn what you are allowed to do in a natural harbor in Sweden. Don't start a campfire on a rock - you will get in trouble.

Hope to see you in the Baltic / Christian
Mario

Post by Mario »

Dear Pippo,
Aro’s enticing competitive program is not around the Baltic, but is limited only to the Sound between south-west Sweden (from Helsingborg to Malmö) and east Denmark. The Baltic program is a bit bigger…
2 weeks + weekends should be ok for a trip south of Denmark: Start from DF factory is a good idea – you can see the new 32’, (get some help if necessary), and than sail south of Fyn and south of Sjaelland to Copenhagen. Beautiful trip, 210 NM in straight lines. Hundreds of small islands, charming marinas, in many places sandy beaches, some possibilities for camping, good facilities in all marinas. In Cph you can find several marinas and 1 is quite close to the airport. If you decide, I can send you a brochure.
Than, during weekends you can sail on the Sound, visit Sweden, and take part in some of our races. Trip to Bornolm from Cph takes only one day (several hours for your boat), but you need a week to visit this charming place.
Ciao amigo
Mario
Please click on the photo to see it enlarged!
pippo
Your Country: Netherlands, Haarlem/Italy, Milan

Thanks

Post by pippo »

Gentlemen, Thanks a lot, suggestiontions really much appreciated.

I guess I have to start buying the charts.

Looking at the one kindly attached by Mario I realize that next to having something in my little GPS I need some serious paper charts.

Any idea of where to order them online? On what the best option is? I found German charts. Any other suggestion ?

Then either I convince my wife and my colleagues that I need to be away at least 4 weeks.. or I guess this year I'll follow Mario's route and another time I'll go for the south Sweden + Bornholm option.

Tak!
Ciao,
pippo
Mario

Post by Mario »

GPS with chartplotter is crucial. German maps are good. You can compare prises with Danish on: http://www.weilbach.dk/netbutik.asp?t=1 ... ld4495&l=0 , but Scandinavia is generally a bit more expensive. “Havneguiden (1-9)” is a very good pilot book, the Danish area (number 6 and 9) you can find f. ex. at: http://www.sejlershoppen.dk/pi/producti ... uctid=1860 , or http://www.havneguiden.no/ , but there is a lot of places on the net were you can find it. Its in Scandinavian language, but if you know German and English… Than, there is another one in danish: http://www.weilbach.dk/netbutik.asp?t=5&ID=699613 , which I can send you free if you wish. But, I know that ADAC has Marinaführer DE + Europa in german.
BTW, Bornholm you can take next year in connection to IMM!
una buona pianificazione!
m