Replacement of trim strips/stickers

including Amas (Floats), Akas (Beams) , Swing Wing system and all other hull related issues.
Cruiserfly
Your Country: Austria

Replacement of trim strips/stickers

Post by Cruiserfly »

It would be great if you could help me to solve a problem ........ I would like to change all my trim strips/stickers from our DF 800 in the same sizes but in another colour. Therefore the print shop/office would need a pdf file to create the new stickers very urgent.

Do you have such a pdf file or are you knowing anyone who can help me on this issue ? Thanks a lot in advance !!

Kind regards from Austria

Michael
Double Horizon
Your Country: USA

Post by Double Horizon »

I replaced the vinyl stripes and letters on my prior boat, a DF 1000. I ordered them from Quorning.

On my current DF 1200 I removed all the vinyl and replaced it with paint.

I recommend that you use paint instead of vinyl. When you remove the old vinyl the edges will be visible, so you can tape the outline. Paint will come out as nice (or nicer) and last longer, and look better if you have to touch up a scratch.
Last edited by Double Horizon on Mon 21 Apr 14, 0:46, edited 1 time in total.
Larry - Former Owner DF-1200
Cruiserfly
Your Country: Austria

Post by Cruiserfly »

We removed all stripes, to be very honest, it was really hard work ;-( and we spent many hours spare time.
Afterwards we produced 1:1 stripes with a 3M foil. The colour was 3M Scotchcard 100-176 originally, but we took 3M Scotchcard 100-tomatored.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any further information.
Vepo
Your Country: Finland, Turku

Post by Vepo »

Cruiserfly wrote:We removed all stripes, to be very honest, it was really hard work ;-( and we spent many hours spare time.
Afterwards we produced 1:1 stripes with a 3M foil. The colour was 3M Scotchcard 100-176 originally, but we took 3M Scotchcard 100-tomatored.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any further information.
Do you have these models as pdf or similiar file?
If yes please share.
moilanen.a
Your Country: Finland, Turku

Post by moilanen.a »

This would be great if someone has the files, for the cockpit stickers! And If someone needs the information about the stripes on the hull the upper part of the stripe is 25mm wide and lower part of the stripe is 35mm wide with 10mm clear space between. And like Cruisefly wrote it's originally made out of 3M Scotchcard 100-176. Its "7 to 9 years vinyl" which is very thin film. 3M also makes this as 50-176 which is 20 micros thicker vinyl but the life span is little less.
Ex. DF800