Antifouling paint

including Amas (Floats), Akas (Beams) , Swing Wing system and all other hull related issues.
Mika Harju
Your Country: Finland, Turku

Antifouling paint

Post by Mika Harju »

Original VC17m in not available here in Finland anymore because of environment regulations. I would like to know what is the best and/or easiest way to continue from this point.
Is LeFant TF a suitable solution? It should be possible to paint it over VC17m( ??? ). http://www.lotrec.se/eng/index.htm
Does anyone from Sweden have experiences; you should have the same regulations as we do?
Mika Harju
DF1000 Racing #8
Ipe Piccardt Brouwer
Your Country: Netherlands, Winkel NH

K.I.S.S.

Post by Ipe Piccardt Brouwer »

Might I suggest a simple mail-order solution?

Like http://www.bootsladen-online.de/start.h ... Intern.-VC

Works for me...
Ipe Piccardt Brouwer
DF920-28 'Ngalawa', Medemblik
tpaliwoda
Your Country: USA, Raritan YC, Perth Amboy, New Jersey

antifouling paint

Post by tpaliwoda »

The VC17 is a paint available here in the US, but is made specifically for fresh water.
I have been using an ablative for some time now - Awlgrip Awlstar for sometime now with good results. No build up, and little slime growth on the hull.
I belive the VC17 is a teflon based paint, and will require some prep work if you are going to paint over.
Ted Paliwoda
D'Fly 1000 ; HN #1
Nice Tri
Raritan YC, Perth Amboy, NJ, USA
Ultradry
Your Country: France, La Trinite sur Mer/Morbihan

Antifooling

Post by Ultradry »

I just saw some impressive publicity on CopperCoat and I am tempted to adopt it in spite of the tedious preparation of the hull surface to remove all previous paint.
Did some ones already tried it?
What is the wett surface of a D800?
Ken
Your Country: Australia, Bunbury WA

Post by Ken »

I don't know what the wetted area is but I did two topcoats of antifoul with a brush and only used 2.0 litre.

Regards
Ken
DF800 MkII Vamos