Sprayhood bar connectors

For all those DF920 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below.
rgsson
Your Country: Sweden, Stockholm

Sprayhood bar connectors

Post by rgsson »

Hello,

I would like to change one of my sprayhood bar connectors which is cracked. The piece I want to replace is sitting on the aft sprayhood bar and needs to slide off the bar at the bar end.
The problem is that at the bar end, you have the attachment that holds the bar to the boat, and you can not thread the sprayhood bar connector over this attachment. Do you know how to detach the bar attachment so I can change the bar connector?

The sprayhood bar connectors is made of gray plastic. The bar attachment is made of metal.
Robert Gustavsson
Stockholm, Sweden
920 #86 Greyhound
sjschweitzer815
Your Country: USA, Racine, WI

Sprayhhid bar connectors

Post by sjschweitzer815 »

Rgsson,
Did you ever get a response or solve this issue? If so, I could use your input.
Double Horizon
Your Country: USA

Post by Double Horizon »

The end pieces are a permanent installation. I think you will need to use a different type of replacement connector that is split and opens wider, such as one that uses two pieces to clamp over the bar.
Larry - Former Owner DF-1200
gminkovsky
Your Country: USA, Long Island Sound

Post by gminkovsky »

I replaced a few connectors on my spray hood. All pieces slide off the bar and over the end connectors. I used standard over-the-counter black nylon fittings to replaced the broken plastic pieces.

There are stainless steel connectors that open up like a jaw. They are very expensive. I bought a few of those at West Marine on sale to attach my aft bimini to the aft rail.
extravert
Your Country: UK,Chester

Re: Sprayhood bar connectors

Post by extravert »

Have a look at the spare parts section of this forum under hinges. There are metal alternatives from www.makefast.com, parts numbers 1024 and 1041.
rgsson wrote:Hello,

I would like to change one of my sprayhood bar connectors which is cracked. The piece I want to replace is sitting on the aft sprayhood bar and needs to slide off the bar at the bar end.
The problem is that at the bar end, you have the attachment that holds the bar to the boat, and you can not thread the sprayhood bar connector over this attachment. Do you know how to detach the bar attachment so I can change the bar connector?

The sprayhood bar connectors is made of gray plastic. The bar attachment is made of metal.