Headliner Removal?

For all those DF920 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below.
eko_eko
Your Country: USA, Dania Beach

Headliner Removal?

Post by eko_eko »

The headliner on my 920 is held in by some sort of fastener, but all I can see are these little plastic caps.

Do they just pull off? Is there some sort of trick? I don't want to break them.

I'm trying to get to the underside of the deck organizer to replace the sheaves, but I haven't been able to figure out how to remove the headliner!
1999 Dragonfly 920
gminkovsky
Your Country: USA, Long Island Sound

Post by gminkovsky »

The plastic caps just pop off!
Jacob Blom
Your Country: The Netherlands, Harlingen

Re: Headliner Removal?

Post by Jacob Blom »

The plastic caps can easily be removed with the aid of a little screwdriver between the cap and the headliner. However removing the headliner is not necessary. Just unscrew the bolt that holds the sheave on deck. The nut is laminated to the bottom of the deck.

Kind regards,

Jacob Blom, The Netherlands
eko_eko

Post by eko_eko »

Thank you both!
1999 Dragonfly 920
eko_eko

Post by eko_eko »

It turns out that the underside of the deck organizer is not just solid threaded glass. There are stainless t-nuts under the deck into which the bolts screw.

Unfortunately the adhesive used on the t-nuts has given way and a few of them fell down to the headliner when I removed the bolts from above. I've been able to fix all but one: the outermost port bolts are in the head which doesn't have a removable headliner.

Does anyone have suggestions for reaching the underside of those bolts other than just cutting into the solid headliner of the head compartment?
1999 Dragonfly 920