Cabin height?

including Amas (Floats), Akas (Beams) , Swing Wing system and all other hull related issues.
jerry99
Your Country: Switzerland, Fribourg/ FR

Cabin height?

Post by jerry99 »

Hi
I am considering to buy a DF920.
What is the height of the main cabin?
I am 1.80m and so it should be at least 1.85m for some comfort.

Thanks for answering.

Jari Bach
Switzerland
hein
Your Country: the Netherlands, Kraggenburg

Re: Cabin height

Post by hein »

Not sure of the exact height - it varies throughout the cabin (920 extreme). I am 1.71 m myself, and can stand straight up in most of the cabin, approximately up to the front of the table. I would estimate the maximum height is just shy of 1.80 m, but I haven't measured it.

You'll be OK near the kitchen, where you can stand in the open hatch for sure. With 1.80 m you may just be able to stand up straight at the highest point of the roof. I wouldn't worry too much about it though - we typically always have the hatch open, even in rainy weather (with cockpit tent if needed). Of course this is very dependent on your own needs.

See if you can visit a 920 somewhere - it's the most certain way to determine if the standing height is sufficient for you or not.

Kind regards
Hein
Christian
Your Country: Sweden, Nacka

Post by Christian »

I'm 186 and find the cabin spacey! Well, I'm used to a 800.

One does not stand so much in cabin - mostly by the kitchen and there is it plenty of head space.

Do as Hein said, find one and test. / Christian
jerry99

Cabin height

Post by jerry99 »

:) Hy folks
Thanks for your help. So I think the height of the cabin is as in my X-99. Not really a problem, but often I am remembered, when I rise my head a little bit fast. Well, for speed you have to renounce by comfort.

kind regards
jerry99

Post by jerry99 »

jerry99 wrote::) Hy folks
Thanks for your help. So I think the height of the cabin is as in my X-99. Not really a problem, but often I am remembered, when I rise my head a little bit fast. Well, for speed you have to renounce by comfort.

kind regards
I bought a DF920E, SUI-118. Heigh in Cabin is ok, I am happy with lot of place on trampolines. :lol:
DF 920E SUI-118, Lilly Belle
jerry99

Post by jerry99 »

jerry99 wrote::) Hy folks

kind regards
I bought a DF920E, SUI-118. Heigh in Cabin is ok, I am happy with lot of place on trampolines. :lol:
DF 920E SUI-118, Lilly Belle