Trailer Technical Certification

For all those DF800 issues which do not fit into any of the categories below.
ambutiva
Your Country: Germany, Bonn

Trailer Technical Certification

Post by ambutiva »

My Brenderup 1605QB trailer failed its technical inspection in Germany due to lack of paperwork to brakes, weight, etc. Does anyone of you have such a trailer running on German papers? This would be a real time saver:-)
work less, sail longer...DF 800 #273
F.Matthies
Your Country: Germany

Re: Trailer Technical Certification

Post by F.Matthies »

ambutiva wrote:My Brenderup 1605QB trailer failed its technical inspection in Germany due to lack of paperwork to brakes, weight, etc. Does anyone of you have such a trailer running on German papers? This would be a real time saver:-)
Hello, In order to get papers for your trailer you have to do an examination by german TÜV (§21 STVZO). I bought mine in the netherlands two years ago but I had the dutch Registration with the technical dates. If you need a copy of my german papers tell me your E-Mail-adress.
F. Matthies DF 800SW
gzahl
Your Country: Germany, Kiel

Post by gzahl »

F.Matthies wrote:
ambutiva wrote:My Brenderup 1605QB trailer failed its technical inspection in Germany due to lack of paperwork to brakes, weight, etc. Does anyone of you have such a trailer running on German papers? This would be a real time saver:-)
Hello, In order to get papers for your trailer you have to do an examination by german TÜV (§21 STVZO). I bought mine in the netherlands two years ago but I had the dutch Registration with the technical dates. If you need a copy of my german papers tell me your E-Mail-adress.
I will also import one soon. I am trying to figure out how to do it. How did you do it? Did you need to go to TÜV? How did you transport it to germany - with what kind of license plates?
Thanks!
F.Matthies
Your Country: Germany

Post by F.Matthies »

I bought mine in the Netherlands and brought it to Germany with the dutch registration and license plate. Then I went to the TÜV for an examination according §21 STVZO. With this paper I went to the registration office and get german papers and license plate.
Good luck
F. Matthies DF 800SW
gzahl

Post by gzahl »

Ok, thanks for the information.
Could you send me a scan of your german papers? Taht would be great and may make the registration easier. Thanks!

edit: I removed my mail address again. Thanks!
Tilman
Your Country: Darmstadt, Germany

Post by Tilman »

unfortunately we have the same problem... Could any one of you send me the papers, too? That would help a lot! TÜV is on monday and we are a bit lost :cry:
My mail address is: ---edited out---
Last edited by Tilman on Tue 16 Jun 20, 9:55, edited 1 time in total.
gzahl

Post by gzahl »

Hi Tilman,
Unfortunately i only read this now. How did it go?
I could have scanned the papers for you, but it did not help for us. We registered our trailer last autumn in Kiel (import from denmark), but we had to go the "Einzelabnahme" route. Which was a lot of work (and some money..).
Tilman
Your Country: Darmstadt, Germany

Post by Tilman »

Thanks gzahl,
DEKRA could make us a data sheet since we got papers with the nessesary data from somone selling thier df800+trailer on ebay :lol: Lets hope it all works out. TÜV got posponed to next monday
Still a bit complicated and more expensive but at least the boat can stay on the trailer (how do you get that off, without moving the trailer :D). Still a lot easier than "Einzelabnahme", I imagine..
Andreas
Your Country: Germany / Flensburg

Post by Andreas »

Same here.

I bought a DF800 a few weeks ago. The swedish manufactured Roadtrailer (tk Trailer BT 1500) was registered in denmark and sweden. It`s from 2004, so there is no COC.
I`ll bring it to the TÜV at the end of next week to do a §21 STVZO inspection but reading that you needed special paperwork for the breakes makes me doubt, that i will pass in the first try.
I`ll see and report.....