New and Optimistic

For issues which concern all or several type of DFs and which DO NOT fit into any category below!
mike.king
Your Country: Sindlesham

New and Optimistic

Post by mike.king »

After years of looking at the DF's from afar and saying 'someday' I've decided that I really need to make that day now, so I'm here in the hope of making some contacts and getting some advice.

I'm a long time dinghy racer (more recently a Lark) and have always wanted to get into bigger boats. I did my qualifications many years ago and haven't had the chance to use them, however I'm now in a position to take this a bit more seriously.

I've bothered Al of Multihull Solutions many times at many boatshows so I've been on most of the models but never managed to get out sailing on one yet, something I hope to resolve shortly. I 'm pretty sure that I want to go for a 28 Sport and there are a few on the market to look at, although I'm completely new to this process and what needs to happen to find berths, insurance etc.

Any advice would be very welcome, and if anyone in the south coast needs a crew or two for a day than I would be very happy to come and pull some ropes for you.

Thanks

Mike